| I wrote fiction for many years and always hit a certain ceiling until I met David Morgan, a literary agent who had studied with Lagos Egri. David opened my eyes to a deeper understanding of the craft of storytelling. As a teacher, I find that many writers struggle because while they believe what they are doing is the same as published authors. By teaching people to recognize the mechanics of how popular stories are told, I try and help them transfer that understanding to their writing.
I'm a produced playwright, and I find theater to be one of the most primal forms of storytelling.< more...
Biography, Read My Blog, Contact Author, Read Reviews,
· A Story is a Promise & The Spirit of Storytelling
· The Black Widow Warrior, Chapter One, Combat Poets of Maya
· The Calling
· Bringing the Dead to Life, Notes on Twilight
· Finding the Right Critique Group
· Low Cost Book Publicity
· Movies as Healing Journeys
· Stories and Feelings
· Writing a Novel With a Stuck Main Character
· A Hearty Affair
· How Is It?
· Looking Back
· Ode To Invisibility
· The Deadly Sheep
· The One-Upspersonship Parade
· The Parade of Life
· Woman in Blue on Floor
· My Name is Samuel Clemens
· 4th Edition of A Story is a Promise & The Spirit of Storytelling Available
· Betting the Karmic House Published by Smith and Kraus
· Kent Mason Wins Writers Digest Fiction Contest