| I have had a long association with Frank Yerby’s works both as a student as well during my teaching career. As an adjunct faculty member, St. Mary’s College, I discovered that Yerby’s works mirrored my department’s entire academic curriculum. I was convinced that Yerby’s works deserved a more critical evaluation than he had yet received.
In a 1959 Harpers Magazine article, “How and Why I Write the Costume Novel”, Yerby makes a series of enigmatic statements regarding the historical references in his novels. In order to avoid calling historical fiction, Yerby calls them ‘costume novels fr more...
Biography, Contact Author, Read Reviews,
· Blood And Brotherhood: A Novel Of Love In A Time of Hate
· Frank Yerby: A Victim's Guilt
· The Idumean Covenant: A Novel of the Fall of Jerusalem
· Debunking The 'scientific proof' of Cleopatra's Ancestry
· Egyptian Apologia
· Why Cleopatra Definitely Not Black
· REMINISCES OF A RECOVERING PIN COLLECTOR
· Why I Don’t Hate Asians
· Why Yerby Costumed His Novels