A Letter About Faith!
By John Michael Domino
I wrote this letter to a friend on the Den. I am posting it so I can share it with others.
Here is a little speck of what I believe to be true...
1. We cannot buy faith. Just like courage and love either you are in it and you have it or you are on the outside looking in. Faith happens and then it grows deep!
2. How long does it take to have faith? Time can help. Yes, if someone is true to you for 20-30 years you can have a lot of faith in that person. However it only takes a few minutes to break that trust and for your faith in that person can be out the window. Other times you meet a person and you just know that you can trust them. This too can be shattered. True faith in God will never be broken because God is good all the time and if you understand the balance of good and evil you will always trust God and steer clear of demons. They are what causes havoc is our lives and God allows it because He wants us to come to Him just as any father wants his child to do when they experience hardships and problems.
3. Loving God in hard times. That's faith! It's easy to praise the name of Jesus when all is going well. However, when we are torn apart if we blame God we are not believing that He wants the best for us in life. Again, we take away things from our kids if they are in danger of hurting themselves and others. It does not mean that we don't love them. That's tough love and it's the best kind!
4. We can strengthen our faith from others experiences. I am brought to tears when I read about someone who is in a wheelchair or someone who went blind and their faith in God increased! I think who are we to complain about the minor pains we go through every day? We don't have a clue what real hardships and true faith in God really is about when we see that kind of courage. However, I do believe God allows things like that to happen to further his Kingdom. Yes, seeing others with strong faith in God makes my faith even stronger.
5. We get to choose. That is the GREAT part! We have freedom of choice. Jesus allows us that freedom. I know I have hurt my Father in Heaven because of my past actions. But I have faith that my sins are now forgiven and I cannot see myself returning to that pit ever again. Yes, I have much to be thankful for and I have much to give. I do both and that seems to be a winning combination. Praising God and giving all I can to further His Kingdom. After all it's not about us. The Lord has been around forever. We will be learning from that Tree of Knowledge as long as we remain faithful and follow in God's footsteps.
May you grow strong in your faith in the Lord, experience hope in His promises, feel His agape love and have many blessings from above in your future.
John Michael Domino
Click here to post or read comments.
Short Stories by this author.
Short Stories by this author
|My Father's Day Story (Sunday, June 21, 2015)
God's Cake (Saturday, April 05, 2014)
Traveling BACK in time - 2000 Years Ago! (Wednesday, December 25, 2013)
A Glimpse of Heaven and a Taste of Hell (Thursday, August 08, 2013)
TANK! (Monday, March 11, 2013)
Molly and The Beast (Saturday, March 02, 2013)
Learning To Love Yourself (Sunday, February 17, 2013)
Reflections... (Tuesday, February 12, 2013)