Why Open Book is for you…
1. Open Book connects people interested in literature. Many of us want to write. Outside of large companies few people have made it through the maze to share their work. Open Book is a way to reconstruct that company /team organization needed to succeed. Open Book connects authors developing photo albums to family and friends. It also allows more serious authors to test their book, survey their audience, show their work or even collaborate with editors, graphic designers and even publishers.
2. Develops writing skill. Open Book encourages literacy by coaching authors with various skill levels through the authorship process. The easiest book for challenged writers is the photo album. Emergent authors can take photos and add labels documenting date, time, people involved. More mature authors can journal their activities and develop their writing skills.
3. Formalizes organizational procedures and processes. Many organizations have files upon files of documents on personal computers dispersed throughout the organization. Files that disappear as staff change. Open Book is a means for those files to be collected, shared, prioritized and organized into a formal Standard Operating Procedure or manual documenting organizational programs and processes for the organization.
4. It’s fun. Members can build photo albums and Yearbooks to share with friends and associates. As members build their photo album they are able to share their activities with friends, family, coworkers. These albums can become a means of building, documenting and sharing activities, culture and progress.
5. Connects families that are geographically separated. Members can build photo albums to document activities. Members can invite family to view their photos and share in their memories. Children who are far away from family can send messages for their family to view their photos. As children work on Journals families can watch children grow, share in their activities, and encourage their literacy skills.
6. It’s easy. All you have to do is fill in the boxes. Before you know it you have a manuscript. It may not be ready for publication, but it is ready to share, to get feedback, or develop into something more serious. Open Book takes the memory out of e-mail addresses. Children and those of us more lazy can connect with people without having to get out the address book