She found it in the clouds, is a story about a girl by the name of Sharon who was born on the Island of Jamaica in June, 1964. Her mother, Miss G who was 19, was raped by a man 20 years her senior. Her mother was forced to leave her parents home because her father, who was a district pastor in the community, was preaching “Hell & Damnation” to the community’s people, and felt that he would have b
Sharon M. Jones is a Dynamic, Motivational Speaker, Marriage & Family Therapist, Effective Parenting Educator, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Non-fiction author and Lecturer. She is also a Gospel Recording Artist, International Licensed Evangelist for the Church of God In Christ Denomination.
Sharon works with Individuals, couples, parents and families on the issues of Trauma, abuse, effective parenting and family values. Jones attended Rutgers University NCAS and Chabot College. She graduated from Union University in Cincinnati, Ohio with her BA in Maternal Child Health. Jones attended Holy Names and earned her Dual Masters Degrees in Counseling Psychology & Forensic Psychology and a Certification in Pastoral Counseling.
Sharon was born in Jamaica and is a world traveler. She has been married for 28 1/2 years, and she and her husband have 4 adult children and 1 grandson. Jones ultimate goal is to be A New York Best Seller Non-Fiction Author, multi platinum Gospel Singer, operate a part time private practice as a mental health clinician, and a quintessential role model for all women and youth from all walks of life.
• MFT, Motivational Speaker, Workshop Facilitator, Educator
• Christian Educator with Local Church for 20+ years.
• Youth/Young Adult Counselor & Mentor. Sunday School Teacher, Music Director, Lecturer
• Non – Fiction Author
• Christian/Gospel Recording Artist
• 15+ years of Health Care experience in Management & Patient Care and support in diverse populations.
• International Licensed Evangelist/Missionary – Assistant Pastor’s Wife - 1985 - Present Greater Bethesda Church of God In Christ Church – Oakland, CA
• Inspirational & Motivational Speaker for Seminars, conferences, Services, Programs,
• Christian Education Instructor for local churches within district, throughout United States, Africa, Jamaica and other countries.
• Youth Educator – Counselor, Crisis intervention advocate for indigent population.
• Christian Recording Artist
• Non fiction Author
• International Board Certified Lactation Consultant – 2000 - 2005
• Patient Mobility Manager - 2005 - Present Kaiser Permanente, Oakland/Hayward Medical Center
• Effective Parenting Educator – 1987 – Present
• Youth & Christian Education Director – 1998 -
• Minister of Music – Faith Gospel Tabernacle – 1980 - 1985
o Greater Bethesda COGIC – 1985 - Present
• International Board License – Evangelist – Missionary - December 2005 - Church of God in Christ Denomination - Examination Board – Memphis, Tenn.
•Dual MA - Counseling Psychology/MA- Forensic Psychology, Pastoral Counseling Certification - Holy Names University, Oakland, CA 2011.
• BA - Degree-Maternal Child Health - October 2004 - Cincinnati, Ohio - Union Institute & University
• IBCLC- RLC - October 2005 - Orinda, CA
• CNA/HHA - August 1994 North Miami Vocational School of Nursing -Miami, FL
• High School Diploma – June - 1982 - East Orange High School – East Orange, NJ
Hayward Chamber of Commerce member, ILCA Member, Minority Chamber of Commerce Member, MBWA- Minority Business Women Association, PTA President
Counselor for Youth/Young Adults, Volunteer for Pregnancy choice Agency, Doula, Mentoring of School age children in Literacy Program, Youth Department Director & Mentor, Choir Director of Local & District Choirs, Sunday School Teacher, Planning Director for District Churches yearly retreat, Wedding Coordinator,
PATENTS AND PUBLICATIONS
Breastfeeding Privacy shawl Inventor- 1987, Non fiction Author – She found it in the clouds – Copyright 2000, First Gospel CD – 2005 – “I Won’t Complain”, Second Gospel CD – 2007 – “Miracles”