"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." -
Henry David Thoreau
As one of the non-fiction genre's most successful authors, Stacey Chillemi enjoys an ever-expanding and tremendously loyal following.
Her books regularly appear on Amazon’s best-seller lists and have sold more than 50,000 copies. Chillemi’s most recent original paperback, The Complete Herbal Guide: Heal Your Body Naturally and Maintain Optimal Health Using Alternative Medicine, Herbals, Vitamins, Fruits and Vegetables (December 2012) debuted at # 1 on Amazon’s best-seller list and has been rated five stars from numerous readers who purchased the book.
Chillemi’s first published book, Epilepsy You’re Not Alone in 1998, helped millions of people understand and cope with their disorder enabling them to live a happy, healthy and productive life. Since that time, Chillemi has published numerous non-fiction and fiction books including The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body, Epilepsy and Pregnancy: What Every Woman Should Know, Co-authored by Dr. Blanca Vasques, M.D., Faith, Courage, Wisdom, Strength and Hope, Natural Cures for Common Conditions and The Secrets of Happiness and Success: The Power Of Positive Thinking.
Her love affair with non-fiction and with health genre in general, began during her junior year of college when she was having faced by numerous obstacles due to her epilepsy disorder.Hoping and praying that she would be able to finish college and not let her epilepsy disorder get the best of her, she decided to research her disorder hoping to find out more about her disorder and ways to cope with it.
Sadly, there were not many books written about epilepsy during that era.The few books written were by doctors and the medical terminology flew right over your head.Determined to find the answers to my questions, “How can I graduate college when I am constantly having seizures?”, “How can I become a success in life and not let epilepsy destroy my hopes and dreams?”, “How do people with epilepsy cope with their disorder?”
I decided to write an article to epilepsy foundation and asked them to publish it.I wanted to learn how others coped with their disorder.I received hundreds of letters from all over the United States and Canada. I decided to use the knowledge I gained to help myselfand others by writing a self-help book called, Epilepsy You’re NotAlone.Writing that book changed my life.Letters poured out from readers thanking me for writing the book.I never realized how powerful words could be.My greatest gift was not figuring out how to help myself, it was being able to help others who struggled from the same problem.There is no greater gift in life than the gift of giving.
I graduated college, received an Associate’s Degrees in Business, and then went on to receive a Bachelor Degree in Marketing and Advertising, but in the end, I changed my career choice to journalism. I graduated Richard Stockton College in 1996.
I began writing seriously in 1994, penning the manuscript that would become Epilepsy You’re Not Alone.I held many jobs during those first years as a writer, finally settling in (much to our delight) to write full time in 2000.
Chillemi is an active member of her community and helps organizations in New Jersey.She has written features for journals and newspapers. Her articles have appeared in dozens of newspapers and magazines in North America and abroad. She won an award from the Epilepsy Foundation of America in 2002 for her help and dedication to people with epilepsy.
Born in 1972, Chillemi was born in New York and lives in New Jersey with her husband Michael, and their three children, Michael, Alexis and Anthony. The family pets include two Shih Tzu’s, Rocco and Princess, and two birds Elmo and Tweedy.
When she is not writing, Chillemi chases after his three Shih Tzu’s, takes long walks, hits the gym, and goes to all her kids’ football, soccer, wrestling, basketball and cheerleading practices and games.
Accomplishments: STACEY'S WORK EXPERIENCE: Stacey Chillemi graduated from Richard Stockton College in Pomona, New Jersey, majoring in marketing and advertisement. In the mid-nineties while in college, she began her first book, Epilepsy: You're Not Alone. It was published six years later. Before and after graduation in 1996, she worked in New York City for NBC. Since the birth of her children, she has been a freelance journalist.
She has written features for journals and newspapers. Her articles have appeared in dozens of newspapers and magazines in North America and abroad. She won an award from the Epilepsy Foundation of America in 2002 for her help and dedication to people with epilepsy.
BOOKS PUBLISHED BY STACEY CHILLEMI:
1. The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body
2. The Complete Herbal Guide: Heal Your Body Naturally and Maintain Optimal Health Using Alternative Medicine, Herbals, Vitamins, Fruits and Vegetables
3. Asthma: Clear Answers and Smart Advice for Someone Diagnosed with Asthma
4. Epilepsy You're Not Alone: A Personal Approach on How to Cope with Epilepsy
5. Eternal Love: Romantic Poetry Straight from the Heart
6. My Mommy Has Epilepsy (Children's Book)
7. My Daddy Has Epilepsy (Children’s Book)
8. Keep the Faith: To Live and Be Heard from the Heavens Above (poetry book)
9. Live, Learn, and Be Happy with Epilepsy
10. Epilepsy and Pregnancy: What Every Woman Should Know
Co-authored by Dr. Blanca Vasques
11. Faith, Courage, Wisdom, Strength and Hope
12. How to Be Wealthy Selling Informational Products on the Internet
13. How to Become Wealthy Selling Ebooks
14. Life’s Missing Instruction Manual: Beyond Words
15. How To Become Wealthy Selling Products on The Internet
16. Breast Cancer: Questions, Answers & Self-Help Techniques
17. How Thinking Positive Can Make You Successful: Master The Power Of Positive Thinking
18. Beginners Tips for Horse Training: What Every Horse Trainer Should Know
19. Natural Cures for Common Conditions: Learn How to Stay Healthy and Help the Body Using Alternative Medicine, Herbals, Vitamins, Fruits and Vegetables
20. The Ultimate Guide to Living Longer and Feeling Younger
21. How to Buy a Home Using a VA Loan: What Every Home Buyer Should Know
22. How to Purify Your Drinking Water: Understanding the Importance of Purifying Water and How Purified Water Can Keep You Healthy and Prevent Unwanted Illnesses and Diseases from Occurring
STACEY CHILLEMI STORIES AND POETRY HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED IN:
• Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul
• Chicken Soup for the Shoppers Soul
• Whispers of Inspiration
• Book Signing at Borders in Freehold, New Jersey for Faith, Courage, Wisdom, Strength and Hope” – July 2009
• Writer for Neurology Now Magazine (The Academic Academy of Neurology – The Epilepsy Column) February 2010
• February 2010, Wrote an article about Epilepsy & Menstruation with Dr. Devinsky (Epileptologist from NYU)
• H.O.P.E. Mentor, for the Epilepsy Foundation
• Speaker at different events for schools, organizations, political events
• Spoke in front of Congress in Washington for employment discrimination for people with epilepsy
• Appeared on four talk shows to discuss epilepsy focusing on the importance of understanding epilepsy, how to help someone having a seizure and giving people with epilepsy encouragement and hope for the future.
• Appeared on radio stations discussing epilepsy
• Appeared on the Michael Dressor Show – Health Radio
• Appeared in newspapers all over New Jersey such as, The Leader, Belleville Post and the Star Ledger.
• June 26, 2002, I was honored an award by the Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey for Outstanding Volunteer Award.
• Received awards in my achievements and certificates in recognition for outstanding efforts in trying to improve society.
• Active participant in organizations and activities.
• Published over 400 articles.
• Author has a dynamic personality and strong public speaking skills.
Stockton College, Pomona NJ
• Speaker at different events for schools, organizations, political events
• Associate Degree in Business
• BA in Marketing
• Minor in Advertising
• Journalist for The Journal Magazine
• Worked for NBC on Dateline
• Channel 4 News
• Today Show
• Managing Editor for the Fashion Magazine UZURI.
• Own Freelance Company
Awards: June 26, 2002, I was honored an award by the Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey for Outstanding Volunteer Award.
My Daddy Has Epilepsy Ebook by Stacey Chillemi Author Stacey Chillemi and Illustrator Iacovos Kyriakides provide spectacular proof that children really understand more than you think. Illuminating the cartoon illustrations of confusion and fear that epilepsy can cause, this new edition of My Daddy Has Epilepsy uses lively, subversive illustrations to show how to understand what epilepsy is and what to do if someone is experiencing a seizure. T... Kindle (eBook)
Click here to buy this book! lulu.com
Short Stories Tish’s Story by Stacey Chillemi “An Inspiring Story about a Breast Cancer Survivor”... Living With Epilepsy by Stacey Chillemi Living with epilepsy - the obstacles we face...... Trish’s Story by Stacey Chillemi “An Inspiring Story About a Breast Cancer Survivor”... Mike's Story by Stacey Chillemi Mike is a breast cancer survivor, but with a different twist. ... Shirley's Story by Stacey Chillemi I found a lump in June of 1987. The doctor said it was nothing, and a mammogram showed nothing. We checked it six weeks later, and at my insistence, he sent me to surgeon who also agreed it was nothin... Jane Gillespie Story by Stacey Chillemi A personal breast cancer survival story... Donna’s Story by Stacey Chillemi A personal breast cancer survival story... My Father Was My Hero – If He Couldn’t Build It No One Could by Stacey Chillemi I still can remember thinking and hoping to myself as I watched my dad work on his projects that one day I could be the kind of person my Dad is.
... My True Prince Charming by Stacey Chillemi Wishes can come true if you believe. The trick is to believe with your heart for dreams and wishes can really come true if you believe.
... My Determination to Have a Family by Stacey Chillemi Epilepsy should not remove you from the joys of life. People with epilepsy can work, care for children, go out with friends, play sports, and have meaningful relationships.
... The Little things We Take for Granted by Stacey Chillemi We take so much for granted. We do not appreciate sometimes the simplest things in our lives that bring us so much pleasure. We do not seem to realize that we have so much more than most people in t... The Seven Steps of Change by Stacey Chillemi The Seven Steps to the Beginning of Transformation.... My Love for Shopping by Stacey Chillemi I slowly turn my head to glare out the window and stare forward into the perfection the horizons beauty. We all focus our means of salvation to a personal enjoyment one that cannot be taken away from... What is your destiny? by Stacey Chillemi What is our destiny and how can we find it?... The Ultimate Home by Stacey Chillemi Love will always guarantee you a happy home, but put a castle and a prince may not always bring you happiness. Love will guide the way to a happy home or as you say it, “The Ultimate Home.”
... Crossing Over by Stacey Chillemi What awaits us as we leave the world we were born and raised in? An environment that has taught us everything we know. The topic of death is topic that can be debated for hours on end. The question... How Powerful Words Can Be by Stacey Chillemi Words can make a difference in a person's life.... An Angel's Helper by Stacey Chillemi A short story about a young girl who gets a message to help her mother after the difficult loss of a fetus.
... Cleansing of the Soul by Stacey Chillemi Some may look at getting older in a negative sense, but that is not so true. ... Helping Hands #2 by Stacey Chillemi These letters were written to me by people all over the world. They wrote these letters to share personal experiences that helped them become stronger and a better person. They also wanted to show oth... Helping Hands #1 by Stacey Chillemi These letters were written to me by people all over the world. They wrote these letters to share personal experiences that helped them become stronger and a better person. They also wanted to show o... The Reasons I Wrote Epilepsy You're Not Alone by Stacey Chillemi Just because you have a disability or illness does not mean lives ends. Your life has just begun!
... How Much Do You Really Know About Epilepsy by Stacey Chillemi Millions of people from all over the world suffer from a disorder called epilepsy. Five percent of the USA population has epilepsy. This disorder affects individuals from all age groups, from babie... Reaching Out To Help Others by Stacey Chillemi My name is Stacey Chillemi. I have received awards in her achievements and certificates in recognition for her outstanding efforts in trying to improve society. I have been an active participant in or... Letters of Inspiration by Stacey Chillemi I hope after reading this you will realize many other people with epilepsy share the same feelings as you do. I was not the only one struggling to find the miracle drug so one day I could become seiz...
Stacey's Published Books
The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body
The Secret To Happiness & Success: Master The Power Of Positive Thinking
Natural Cures for Common Conditions
Epilepsy: You're not Alone
Eternal Love: Romantic Poetry Straight from the Heart
My Mommy Has Epilepsy (Children's Book)
My Daddy Has Epilepsy (Children’s Book)
Keep the Faith: To Live and Be Heard from the Heavens Above (poetry book)
Live, Learn, and Be Happy with Epilepsy
Epilepsy and Pregnancy: What Every Woman Should Know
--co-authored by Dr. Blanca Vasques
Faith, Courage, Wisdom, Strength and Hope
How to Be Wealthy Selling Informational Products on the Internet
How to Become Wealthy in Real Estate
How to Become Wealthy Selling Ebooks
Life’s Missing Instruction Manual: Beyond Words
How To Become Wealthy Selling Products on The Internet
Breast Cancer: Questions, Answers & Self-Help Techniques
Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul
Chicken Soup for the Shoppers Soul
Whispers of Inspiration
Stacey Chillemi Freelance Writer
Stacey writes articles, stories, web content, poetry, press releases, etc... If you have a project, you need help with please feel free to contact me at ifreelance.com or you can email me at email@example.com
You cannot compare your life to someone else's life. If you do that you’re going to be unhappy. You need to love yourself and be satisfied with the life you lead and if you’re not satisfied than change it! You need to realize also that there are plenty of people who take medicine and have obstacles in their lifes that they deal with on a daily basis. You should not feel ashamed or feel different from others. We all have a special beauty within us. No one is perfect or has a life that is flawless.
Freelance International http://freelanceinternational.viviti.com
Become a Fan Notify me of new titles added by this author.