Here is the notable information about me:
- Raised in a military family graduating from HS in the Philippine Is, 1964.
- Tried to kill myself by degrees (2 from college, 2 masters, applied to a PhD program) but did not succeed. I have since reapplied to a PhD program--still trying.
- Four years in the USAF (Vietnam years but never went there).
- Single, never married (this is not an advertisement, but my calendar is open).
- Started writing poetry in the early 1970s.
There are three major influences in my life. My dad is the first. Dad was "the Man" in my life not only as a child but as an adult. Since the passing of my mother in Dec. 2008, I have realized that dad is the one I have missed the most.
The second and most important influence is the Lord Jesus Christ. While stationed in Japan, He invaded my life (I am still a willing captive), and His indwelling presence is the driving force within me. My poetry is a natural outflow of His indwelling life. In fact, for the most part I write poetry to and for the One who loves me most and best. Until 2008 I was intensely private about it. At my brother's insistence, I worked on writing a book over a five year period; I published my book in May 2008. One blessing of the timeline of my book is that I published it before Mom's passing. She loved to tell her friends (and everyone else she met) about the book.
The third is Dr. Frankie Rainey, pastor and mentor. After dad, he is the most influential person in my life. He was pastor of the church I was part of while in seminary and we have continued our friendship, though separated by many miles, to the present. Dr. Rainey graciously wrote an introduction to my book.