My writing is inflenced by:
- More than 20 years corporate experience from the trenches to the corner office;
- 10 years as a stay at home mom to 4 children that included an out of state job transfer with husband;
- Myriad jobs in high school, college, and for supplemental income ranging from hospitals, to bartending, to door-to-door insurance sales, to burping Tupperware.
- Early divorce, single parenthood, college struggles, blended family, 25 year marriage, 4 active kids, grandchildren, volunteer activities... and more.
- My love of reading, and a dear Catholic nun and a priest who introduced me to the love of words and language.
- An interest in people, in collaboration, communication, and the quest for continuous improvement.
- Joy and freedom in motorcycle riding, scuba diving, and the cozy security of the sofa in front of the fireplace (and a glass of wine spells perfection).
There is more, of course. Let it suffice to say that I am a self-help junkie.
So what makes me think I know anything? The successes I claim and the failures I own and learn from.
And what makes me think I know what is best for you? I don't. You do. I just know how to help you find answers for you.
And finally, I"ve been told my "best thing" when writing is the ability to take a complex concept, simplify it, and develop an easy process to follow to practice it. And I have fun doing it.