WEIGHT LOSS-PART 2
edited: Thursday, January 03, 2008
By Patty Pobanz
Rated "G" by the Author.
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2008
Become a Fan
Part 2 - Weight Loss New Years Resolution to help people stay motivated and lose weight once and for all.
This is Part 2 of Weight Loss New Years Resolution. If you haven't read Part 1 you can find it listed under articles for Patty Pobanz.
OK the new year is here now. If you're one of those people who have made weight loss your new years resolution, it's up to you to get started right now. If you truly want to lose weight this time, once and for all, you have to make the decision to do it now and not quit. Here are a few things to think about before you get started. They are things to keep you motivated.
1) If you start now, you can be down as much as 30+ pounds by the beginning of June.
You want to lose no more than one to two pounds per week. Any more and it's not too healthy. You also must remember that the weeks go by quickly, so losing one or two pounds per week will add up quickly too. Every little bit helps.
If you feel that this isn't enough weight to lose and you do absolutely nothing about it, then I promise you, that by the time March 1st rolls around, you'll have lost nothing and you could have lost as much as 12 lbs by that time or more.
2) If you start now and don't give up, summer is on it's way and you can be wearing those shorts and bathing suits more comfortably. This is the time to start. Don't wait to long to get started.
3) If you have too much weight on your body and you're a parent, remember what I said in Part 1, do it for your children. Who's going to take care of them, if you were to get sick and can't be there for them.
4) Do it for yourself and nobody else. Losing weight helps boost your self esteem. It makes you feel like you've got control, it makes you happy when you do it. It will make you feel alive!
5) Do it because it's the only body you have and no one else can fix it or change it, but you. Don't wait for anyone else to do this weight loss program with you, stop being lazy, and just do it.
Stop making excuses and saying that you'll start it tomorrow, because tomorrow you'll say the same thing and you'll never get it started.
Don't ever quit! However...we're all human, if you do have a bad day and you do quit, then start your weight loss program the very next day again.
Follow a weight loss program from a weight loss center or just watch all the junk foods you are eating and then cut it all out. Follow the suggestions, I've offered in Part 1. It will help quite a bit. And most of all remember...you have to have a drive to do it, a will to do this, and passion. If we don't have passion, drive or will, you will not succeed. You truly have to want it bad and when you do, you will lose the weight because you're focussed on it.
I will do another follow up each week to keep everyone passionate and to help you try to stay on track. Each week, I'll give more tips and ideas to keep you going.
So this weeks tip/challenge is to actually come to an agreement with yourself that you are going to do this and not quit. And just start doing something to lose weight. Say, "I will lose weight" 10 times to yourself, each and every single day. Put a note on your bathroom mirror or somewhere where you will see it each day to remind yourself that you're going to do this.
Happy New Year!! I wish you much success in reaching your weight loss goals this year!
Some excerpts were taken from the book, "Everlasting Peace In Your Life. God's Reminders to the World.