Dating Expert, Stephany Alexander, Reveals Top 20 Do's & Don'ts of Dating
edited: Saturday, January 05, 2008
By Stephany Alexander
Rated "G" by the Author.
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2008
Become a Fan
Top ways on how to ace a date.
As a dating expert who has given dating advice to tens of thousands of people since early 2000, there are 20 basic Do's and Don't Rules in the world of dating to help you increase your chances of succeeding while dating. Dating can be fun and exciting but getting involved with the wrong person can destroy your life. How do you put the odds in your favor when dating? I have broken down the top 20 Rules of Dating to help you find that special person.
TOP 10 DATING DO'S.
1. Do relax and have fun. Dating is supposed to be fun so make it fun. Choose activities that you both love so you can relax, laugh and enjoy. If you think dating is miserable, then don't do it.
2. Do groom yourself before your date. Make sure you are freshly showered, have fresh breath and have an outfit on that flatters you. Save your crazy or overly sexy outfits for when you get to know the person better.
3. Do Listen. Listening is more important than talking. Ask your date lots of questions and hone in on similar interests. Don't brag about yourself constantly because that is the ultimate turn-off.
4. Compliment your date. If you think your date looks nice, say so. Don't focus on your date's imperfections; focus on their good points. If it looks like your date took time to get ready, compliment them by letting them know.
5. Be positive. Don't complain on your date. Nobody wants to hear how miserable you are. A poor attitude can destroy a date faster than anything.
6. Be honest and upfront. If the date didn't click, tell your partner that you will have to think about it and that you will contact them again if you are interested.
7. Be proactive. You need to take the initiative to meet people to date. Practice flirting, smile, be friendly and make eye contact. This will show people you are available and will increase your chances of being asked out.
8. Do date creatively. Don't go to the movies where you can't talk or get to know your date better. Go to dinner, bowling and then a movie or go horseback riding, hiking or to an arts or music festival.
9. Do let your friends and family know you are dating. You never know when someone you know may try playing matchmaker for you. It may or may not work out but you should be open to meeting someone new.
10. Do be polite and have manners. Offer to pay for all or half of the date even if you are a woman. Say “please” and “thank you” and be respectful of the other person's feelings.
10 DATING RULE DON'TS
1. Don't be late for a date. Make sure you leave early enough to deal with traffic delays or other things that could delay you. Being late shows that you don't respect the other person's time and sets the date off on the wrong foot.
2. Don't chase someone. Don't phone, text or email them more than once a day unless you are in a conversation with them and they are replying. Being desperate is a huge turn off.
3. Don't date people who you think will use you. If you have money, don't tell the other person. If a man comes on too strong for sex early on, shut him down and move on. You want someone who wants you for you, not what you can do for them or give them. Once they get what they want, they'll move on to their next target.
4. Don't lie to your date. Don't over exaggerate your income, education or what you do. These lies will eventually come out and then you will appear as a dishonest loser.
5. Don't come on too strong. If you are anxious to get married right away, that's okay. However, constantly talking about serious commitment issues such as marriage and children on a first date can scare your date away.
6. Don't sit around and wait for his or her call. Stay busy. There is nothing more pathetic than someone who immediately drops their life or routine for someone they just met. Your goal is to have a fulfilled life that another person can add to.
7. Don't get drunk or use drugs on your date. What kind of an impression are you making if you are incoherent when you first meet? Your date will think you are like that with all people.
8. Don't flirt with others while on a date. This may seem like common sense but nothing will end your date faster than you hitting on your date's friend.
9. Don't have sex with someone until you have dated a while. A while does not mean 1 or 2 dates. If it was meant to be, it will be and part of the fun of dating is the thrill of the chase.
10. Don't give out too much personal information on a first date. Keep your home address and telephone number confidential until you get to know your date better and make sure you always meet in a public place.
Dating Expert, Stephany Alexander, B.A., Author, Women's Speaker
Credentials: Stephany Alexander is the founder of www.WomanSavers.com, one of the most popular women's sites on the net (top 5%) receiving millions of hits per month.
* Founder - highest trafficked abused women's message board on the net
* Founder of Largest Online Database of Men in the World
* Author of 'Sex, Lies and the Internet,' A Survival Guide to Online Dating http://www.sexliesandtheinternet.com
* Online dating expert on numerous talks shows and call-in radio shows - Author of over 50 articles on online dating and relationships
* Author of 22 dating and relationship quizzes
* Internet Polling Expert on relationship and dating issues, surveying over 350,000 women in on-line polls
* Creator of 9 women's comedy cartoon e-cards, including one claymation
* Creator of 6 women's online games, one arcade quality
Ms. Alexander is frequently called on by the media as the nation's leading Dating Expert. Featured on: CNN, CBS, FOX, Sirius Satellite, KROQ, KIIS, Mike & Juliet Show, Good Day Las Vegas, Esquire Magazine, Wall Street Journal, NY Times, and countless radio shows.
Web Site: World's Largest Database Rating Men
Want to review or comment on this article?
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!