Did you know that dogs are in Law Enforcement? Did you know that dogs have several jobs in Healthcare? If you would like to learn more about these amazing animals, read on.
I have been reading lately about animals and I found out that besides being our best friend they save lives everyday and have taken their place in law enforcement and health care such as: POLICE DOGS: You have seen police dogs riding in police cars. They are the actual partners of a police office.
They wear badges on their collars stating they are part of the police department. DUTIES:
(1) They assist their partner in catching criminals.
(2) They are used at the borders and airports to sniff packages to find dope, dynamite and chemicals.
(3) They are used in Search and Rescue Missions - tracking missing people and reuniting them with their loved one
(4) They are used to find people buried in deep snow.
(5) They are used in the Military to guard the gates, tracking and drug smuggling.
These 5 duties I have mentioned above may not be done by Police Dogs but other dogs that are in security work. DOGS IN THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY:
THE SEEING EYE DOG:
The most visual is the Seeing Eye Dogs. We have all seen them on the streets, in stores and movie theatres. These amazing dogs usually are German Sheppard’s and Retrievers. Other breeds are used but these are the most intelligent. The Seeing Eye Dogs are usually raised in a family unit. These are working dogs. When they are in harness they only think about their owner. They have various jobs such as:
(1) They make sure their owner walks without tripping and falling.
(2) They get their owners safely up and down the stairs.
(3) They make sure their owner walks safely across the street. They are literally the eyes and ears of their owners. Their owners love them for their great achievements and for their companionship.
When these dogs are out of harness they frolic and play like ordinary dogs.
Service Dogs are specially trained to:
(1) Push wheelchairs.
(2) Remove clothing from a washing machine.
(3) Help their owners get dressed by picking up their clothing off the floor and putting it in their lap.
(4) They can open and close doors. This makes the owner more independent. HEARING IMPAIRED: They can also assist a hearing impaired person. When the phone rings they can make this known to their owner when the phone flashes by sitting in front of their owner and barking. There owner can either hear them bark or see them bark. After the dog has their owner’s attention they walk to the phone.
Their owners love and cherish these special dogs of which they could not function on a daily basis of which you and I take for granted. DETECT CANCER: There are dogs that can sniff a person and can smell cancer if there is any growing inside of them.
DETECT SEIZURES: There are dogs that can sense when someone is going to have a seizure ahead of time. There are so many stories of dogs saving their owners and family member’s lives by barking and getting their families attention.
(1) They never get tired of listening.
(2) They take care of us.
(3) They love to go for long walks and we in return get our badly needed exercise.
(4) They believe in us. (5) When you have a dog and it is obedience trained and you tell it to sit, it sits. Did you ever try telling your child to sit? Unfortunately children are not obedient trained.
(6) Dogs give us unconditional love.
(7) They save our lives. They give us unconditional love. You can't beat that. Many people would rather have a dog for a companion over a person. I wonder why? Thank you for reading my article. Please feel free to read any of my numerous articles.
Copyright 2006 Linda E. Meckler "Ghost Kids Trilogy." Christy, 12 and her Brother Brad, 16 moves into an old house on top of a mountain and meet two Ghost Kids.
How To Appeal Medical Bills
Appeal and Collections Letters for Medical Providers
How to Appeal Medical Bills
Boost Your Self Esteem and Blossom
Computers Cause Pain on my website www.lmeckler.com/store
Check out my website www.lmeckler.com Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Linda_Meckler