Become a Fan
Do you feed your car? Do you find that feeding your car is getting too expensive? Do you find that you are taking the money out of your children's mouth?
It does not matter what is happening to the gas prices or why it is happening. Cars still get hungry and we still need to feed them if we want to get anywhere.
We can cut down on unnecessary car trips and try to consolidate all our errands to the same area at the same time. Our cars use energy and need to be fed just like people.
What about the people that are cutting down on their food for themselves and their families to feed their cars? Or the people that are using their life savings to feed their cars or maxing out their credit cards?
Something terrible is making itself known in the state of California loud and clear. We the people are being beaten down into a corner trying to feed our families and our cars.
Our employers need to understand that the economy is changing. We might not be able to afford to feed our cars and make it into work everyday like we used to.
Maybe we can think of some other alternatives of how we can change with the changing economy.
(1) By changing jobs and trying to find one closer to your area.
(2) Maybe actually switching jobs with somebody working the same time of job you are doing in your area. That might or might not work depending on job qualifications and other perks related to employment.
(3) Set up a car pool with several people involved.
(4) Start taking public transportation if you haven’t already started.
This means leaving home 2 – 3 hours earlier to make it to work on time. Don’t forget the 2 - 3 hour trip home.
If more people are taking the bus maybe the transportation department needs to make the buses and the bus routes more people productive.
(5) Maybe we should work longer work days and work less work days per week.
(6) Maybe our employers could start a bus shuttle service to make sure their employees make it to work.
(7) Don’t laugh but maybe our employers should start putting beds and food at the work place. This way their employees will definitely make it to work the next morning.
(8) Every employee should receive a raise to help with the rising cost of feeding their car.
I don’t know what the answer is to this complicated problem of the oil companies gouging us poor United States citizens.
I just know that we the people vote in our wonderful government leaders are the ones that are taking the brunt for this miserable problem of feeding our cars.
I for one would like to be able to drive my car when and where I want. I do not like to be restricted to driving when it is necessary.
Maybe all the employers in California should ban together and put pressure on the government to help them solve this problem of feeding our cars.
I am afraid that many businesses and gas stations have already shut their doors for good. I do not want to see more added to this list.
We the people need our jobs to be able to feed our cars. It seems it is an unending circle. I ask you what do we do to break it.
That is my opinion. What is yours?
Thank you for reading my article. Please feel free to read my other articles.
Copyright Linda Meckler 2006
Linda is the author of, “Ghost Kids Trilogy,” Christy, 12 and her Brother Brad, 16 moves into an old house on top of a mountain and meet two Ghost Kids. Become involved with all the characters and all the adventure and mystery.
Then we have a mysterious, magical Blue Vase where Uncle Charlie the villain is trapped. He wants out of the Blue Vase and in exchange he will tell Christy and Brad where Pirates’ Treasure is Hidden.
Take a walk with Christy and Brad down a dark hall hunting for Pirates' Treasure. You will think were you there right there with them. Love, Family Values and Charity burst off the pages. Check out my website http://www.lmeckler.com
If you are bed or wheelchair confined or can't bend to sit on a toilet you must check out on my website, "Instant Bladder Relief Urinal (IBRU)" http://www.lmeckler.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Linda_Meckler