Top Italian Destinations where Bicycle with your Children
edited: Friday, April 11, 2008
By Porpp Fry
Rated "G" by the Author.
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2008
Become a Fan
Here a list of the best regions of Italy where bicycling. Have a look and discover where bike with your children.
Italy is one of the best places where bike, but not every destination is good if you think to bike with your children.
Below some tips to organize your travel and find the best regions.
Travelling with your bike it's fun, easy, convenient and environmentally-friendly.
The greatest benefit in family biking is quality time.
Some things to take care:
- Adults generally have a better understanding of traffic.
- Children are generally much quicker at picking up the bike handling skills.
- The key here is instilling a respect for the complexity and potential danger of traffic without instilling fear.
- A child's ability to judge speed and distance is generally much less developed than that of an adult.
- Other key challenges for children include more limited peripheral vision and a longer time required for focusing their eyes on an object.
Tips and Equipment to Safe Riding:
- Helmets are standard equipment for everyone who rides.
- Ride single file when you're on the road or a bike path.
- Keep the kids in front of you.
- Don't forget the first aid kit.
- Pack a pump, patch kit, tire levers, and a crescent wrench.
- A spare tube is a nice extra.
Top Biking destination of Italy:
- From the Dolomites to the Lake Garda - An easy 7 days self guided Mountain Biking tour of 260 KM
- From the Dolomites to Venice - An easy 8 days self guided Biking tour of 280 KM
- From the Dolomites to Trieste - An easy 8 days self guided tour of 310 KM
- South Tyrol...just so - A self guided bike tour of 8 days for 270 KM
- From Florence to Pisa - A 8 days self guided biking in Tuscany from April to October
- Florence, Siena, Pisa - A 8 days biking tours in tuscany available from April to October
- Florence, Siena, Florence in mtb - A 8 days/ 7 nights mountain bike holiday in Tuscany from April to October
- 8 Days Self-guided Biking Tour - The secrets of Sicily - A moderated tour of 30 to 60 Km per day available for March-June and September-December
- 7 days Free guided Bike tour - The Etna Tour - A medium difficulty tour available all the year
- 8 days Free guided Bike tour - Naples, Capri and the Amalfi coast - A 135 km medium difficulty tour available from March to October
- Apulia - The heart of Mediterranean - An easy 8 days self guided bicycle tour of approx. 300 km