Build an Above Ground Pool Deck Fast
edited: Thursday, April 22, 2010
By Judith E Wordsworth
Rated "PG" by the Author.
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010
Become a Fan
Above ground swimming pools are just one of those swimming pools, if these are without an above ground deck.
There are about thousands of unique ideas that you can think of if you're deciding to build your above ground deck. There are alot of things to consider though in improving not just your pool or your pool deck, but also for the whole yard as well. Some people think this over alot of times not because it consumes alot of time and effort, but also it can cost big. There are pool decks that are cheaper, like the freestanding deck. This a laddered platform that stands next to the pool and has enough space for one or two people to stand. This also comes with a ladder which goes directly to the pool. Freestanding decks are the most inexpensive decks and the easiest above ground pool decks to install. If you want a more extensive deck, you need to have more room to walk around the far side of the pool. But if you choose to make it personal and less costly, here are few simple easy steps on how to build an above ground deck.
- Decide what design you want for your pool deck. It usually depend on your personal choice since it's your pool. There are few shape and sizes to choose from. Refer to a pool expert for more specific pool designs.
- You can use some galvanized-metal angle brackets to make your floor framing simpler and quicker.
- Place and position the posts and piers to support beam frames and floor-joist of your deck.
- Lay your deck by making sure you do it properly and all the boards are tightly fastened.
- For safety purposes, put up guardrails in your pool deck.
Make sure your swimming pool heat pump or swimming pool heater is installed if you want to make your pool water warm and cozy.