The first step to successful online dating is your profile. None of us are perfect but we should always look our best and try to make a good first impression. Your online profile will do just that, give someone a first impression of you. A lot of people will slap up a picture and give little thought to what they say when filling out their profile information. If you are serious about getting results from your efforts, you need to put a lot of thought into filling out your online dating profile.
Most people are hesitant about describing themselves to others, no you are not alone. You should take your time and realize that your online profile is the key to attracting the kind of relationship you want. It should tell a visitor a little about yourself, but only a little.
1. Pictures are not mandatory but you should have one or more ready because you will be asked for one. If privacy is a concern, you can choose to send them discreetly as you are asked. You will want to have a recent picture and including a few of you in your natural environment or doing something you enjoy is always a good idea. These types of pictures are usually more natural and give others a good idea of who you are and what you enjoy.
2. Not many people are comfortable talking up their accomplishments, but there are ways of talking about your talents without sounding like a braggart. Easy things to say might be: friends always want me to come out for karaoke, when we get together my friends insist I do the cooking, I'm no Jimmy Hendrix but I enjoy playing guitar and everything else in that type of way. It sounds more interesting than I like to sing, cook and play guitar.
3. When it comes to describing yourself we all know that bragging is a big turn off. The best way to answer questions is with a sense of humor and let them decide themselves.
4. Do not use body parts as a user name or try and make yourself sound superhuman.
5. There are different ways to say anything. You can make it sound interesting and fun or boring. Think of creative ways to describe your work or hobbies that create interest after all that is what you are trying to do, get others to notice you.
6. Keep your answers short but informative, you are not writing a book. You should not be too brief, keep it simple and don't use big words.
Every one of us has something to offer and plenty of positive qualities. If you are having a hard time filling out your online dating profile, ask a friend for help. Do not make yourself appear desperate for a date, even if you are. Answer your profile questions like you are talking to a person standing in front of you.