Stop worrying whether all your sins are really forgiven because they are. This worry is the main thing which keeps us down and the devil is really happy about it.
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law, (the 10 Commandments), or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.” Matt. 5:17
- Jesus came and fulfilled every requirement of the law, (the 10 commandments), perfectly on our behalf. He died on the cross in our place to pay for our sin-debt, past, present and future.
- We no longer owe Father God. The price for our sin has been paid, the judgment executed, the anger of Father God toward sin has been exhausted, the veil torn, and the way to intimacy with God opened.
- Because of the law ( the 10 Commandments), no man can say that he is not a sinner and no man can say that he does not need Jesus to save him from going to hell.
- The law was not designed to make us godly, but to expose our ungodliness.
- But since Jesus Christ already fulfilled the law in our behalf, we are no longer under the condemnation of the law.
- Through Jesus we are now made righteous and apart from the works of the law (ten commandments).
- So, stop worrying whether all your sins are really forgiven. Jesus last words on the cross was “It is finished”. Our sin-debt has been paid in full, past, present and future sins.
- If you do not believe this, then you are insulting God. Jesus’ death was then for nothing.
- When you receive Jesus as your savior, you can say “I am the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ”. God sees you as righteous as Jesus Himself.
- Our part today is to believe in our Savior and receive from Him the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness.
- The Christian life is a life of rest in Christ Jesus and His finished work. It is time to rest from our own efforts and to enjoy Jesus..!!!
- God blesses us not because we are good, but because He is Good. Grace is based on His faithfulness and goodness toward us. It is not contingent on our performance. It is based on His favor towards us.
Ref. Pastor Joseph Prince, of Singapore. “Destined to Reign” Copyright 2007.