Metabolism is simply the process by which your body breaks down, or metabolizes your food and converts it into energy.
· We literally burn the food to power ourselves, just as your car burns gasoline for power. We can burn all sorts of things: from a chicken to a potato, leaves of lettuce or Donuts.
· If you are not using much energy but are still filling up your tank with as much food as usual, you are in trouble. Especially if you are taking in the unhealthy type of foods.
· Your body is so flexible so that it stores all energy which are not used. The flexible storage area of our body is what is called – FAT CELLS all over your body !!
· So we say, EXERCISE to burn the energy and not have the fat cells. But do we exercise the right way and enough??
· Or we say, eat less. Which food to eat less? How much less? Its easier said than done.
· Donot reduce your good healthy food intake. But ….Lets say you reduced your food intake anyway because that is what you learned. . Your body notices that and assumes that hard times are here and it does what it can to get you through. Your body says, “Whoa, slowwww things down, slow down the metabolizing, let’s reduce the use of the fat cells until better times comes, until we receive enough food again.”
· So now, you feel sluggish. Your body is not giving you the energy. It does not use the fat around your body. The body conserves it. This is the problem. Wrong information. You cannot shake off the fat.
· Five ways to Boost Metabolism and reduce the fat.
2) Eat a full breakfast (no kidding and don’t be smart by skipping breakfast), Eat a full lunch. Eat a LIGHT dinner. (not heavy like everyone does).
3) Drink 6-8 glasses of filtered & alkaline water.
4) Sleep Well (7-8) hours
5) Fidget. Move around. When working in the office, take a break, stand up and walk around. Do stretches, etc., take the stairs, When shopping, park at a distance so you get a chance to walk.
Note: I am not a medical practitioner. Consult your doctor who seeks natural remedies. In my opinion, whether you are young or old, sick or well and healthy, drink filtered alkalinic water and not a dead acidic water.
(*) Ref. “Look Great Feel Great” by Joyce Meyer