Personal Relationship with Jesus
Jesus’ death on the cross resulted in countless blessings for those who have a personal relationship with Him.
I did not know what a “personal relationship with Jesus” meant until I was 65 years old. According to estimate, about 85-90% of the world population do not know either. So if you do not know, you are not alone. Most people would say that they relate to a god or God but not Jesus Christ.
How to Establish the Personal Relationship.
There may come a time in your life when your circumstances brought you to a place between a rock and the deep blue sea and no where to look for help but UP to someone up there.
Or you have become a drug addict and no amount of rehab seems to help you kick the habit. Or it could be any desperate situation, like a serious sickness, financial loss, broken relationships, your vehicle got “totaled”, your house or apartment got burned, your mother died suddenly, or other circumstances.
(The ideal thing is to establish the Personal Relationship with Jesus as early as possible, so when situations like I just listed happen, you have someone to turn to immediately ! But we humans are usually very busy trying to get ahead with our own effort, when in fact help is available. I have said this before, you may get ahead, but sooner or later, you will stumble. You have to stay connected at all times.
All you have to do is to give up trying to use your supposed brilliant mind and call for Jesus to HELP you.
Admit that you are a sinner, decide to turn your life 180 degrees, (in other words repent of your sins and start a new life).
Acknowledge that Jesus died on the cross in your place, was buried and on the third day rose from the dead and after 40 days, ascended to heaven and is now seated on the right hand of God the Father.
And finally, ask Jesus to come into your life and be your Lord & Savior.
Now you have established your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Do not expect bells and whistles or thunder and lighting. You will know because you will finally feel at peace, worries are lifted off your head and the heavy load lifted off your shoulder.
You are now under the New Covenant:
God no longer sees your sins. What He sees is the blood of Jesus covering you. You are now under the grace, (unmerited favor) of God.
You are no longer under the yoke of the law. You are no longer the slave of sin or the devil. You are now the servant of the Lord.
You no longer serve the devil.
You now serve the Lord.
You are now no longer under condemnation !!!
And you now have these blessings: (if you believe it and ask for it).
Unmerited Blessings (meaning favors or the word grace):
· assurance that God will never leave you
· the forgiveness of your sins: past, present & future
· Godly wisdom
· right standing with God
· abundant provisions , (goods & funds)
· good health & healing from sickness
· restoration of lost relationships
· good success in your work, career
· becoming a channel of blessings to others
· great patience
· abundant gratefulness to the Lord
· becoming the beloved son of God
· becoming greatly blessed, highly favored and deeply loved
· greatly improved determination not to miss the mark (not to sin)
· you have a house in heaven which you did not build.
And much, much more:
· Jesus is with you, so everything you do will succeed
· You do good because you are grateful.
· You will want to know more about Jesus from the Bible.
· You will want to become His follower.
· You will start studying what it cost to follow Jesus.
Jesus The Healer.
Most if not all of us need some healing at one time of another. So here is a summary of some of the people Jesus healed: (From Matthew Chapters 8 & 9).
You will note that Jesus uses very, very few words. As you know, some people use a lot of words or talk a lot and said nothing.
(Someone I know gives instructions to her children using zillions of words. Her instructions are lost. The kids do not listen, do not learn, sad. )
To a leper. All Jesus said was “I am willing; be healed”. (Five words total).
A Centurion came about his paralyzed, dreadfully tormented servant. Jesus said… “I will come and heal him”. But the Centurion had such great faith in Jesus that he said. “I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed”
Jesus was so impressed with the faith of this Gentile and so He replied, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.” (Fifteen words).
When Jesus went to Peter’s house, He saw Peter’s mother-in-law lying sick with fever. So Jesus touched her hand and the fever left her.
(No word uttered, zero words, nada.)
When evening came, many who were demon-possessed and sick were brought to Jesus. He cast out the evil spirits with a word and healed all who were sick. (One word).
They brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. Jesus said to the paralytic, “Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you” …….
“Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” (10 words to forgive his sins and 10 words to heal him).
A woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of Jesus’ garment. …..He said, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.” (11 words).
When Jesus came into a ruler’s house, He said to them, “Make room, for the girl is not dead, but sleeping.” And they ridiculed Him…But when the crowd was put outside, He went in and took her by the hand and the girl arose. (No words).
Two blind men followed Jesus, crying “Son of David, have mercy on us!” Jesus said to them -
“Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to Him, “Yes Lord”. Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you” And their eyes were opened. (Ten words for the question and nine words to heal).
1) God has not changed. He is the same yesterday, today and forever… Ask and you shall receive, knock and it shall be opened to you, seek and you shall find….
2) Everyone has a measure of faith. It maybe as small as a mustard seed, but we all started with faith the size of a mustard seed.
3) God is right there with you in your valley, holding you in His arms and carrying you through the valley.
4) Good things happens you when you believe God loves you.
5) Do not allow the devil to condemn you of past sins.