I just completed my first book about my wandering in the desert for many decades and finally finding the way to salvation in 2000 at age 65.
In this book, I would like to share what I learned about how to stay healthy the natural way rather than with prescription drugs – whenever you can. Prevention rather than quick relief with prescription drugs.
My priorities are:
Physical Health and Spiritual Health. Good health requires good spiritual tranquility. We have to be at peace at home, at the work place, with our neighbors and with the world at large. We have to learn how to be immune to the chaos around us. Easier said than done. Especially when you are driving along Interstate 10 in Houston at peak hours. It is the best test of your ability to stay calm, or as the younger people say “stay cool”.
This brings to my mind the “Optimistic Creed” put out by the organization - The Secret.
The Optimistic Creed.*
I Promise Myself . . . .
1. To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind .
2. To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person I meet.
3. To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
4. To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true .
5. To think only the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
6. To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
7. To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
8. Tol wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet.
9. To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.
10. To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
11. To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words, but in great deeds.
12. To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.
(*) "The Optimistic Creed" by Christian D. Larson,
published by the organization, “The Secret”