Remember the old saying..."Just say NO to drugs." In today's drug-oriented society, I think it's proper to say, "Just say NO to prescription and over-the- counter drugs!" Plain and simple...we all live in a drug-oriented society.
In my 66 years on the planet, I've never seen such abundance of drugs in our society...the television commercials are filled with them...never-ending drugs, that are supposed to cure everything from an erection...or lack thereof...to constipation...and on and on! So, much so, that I wrote as article on prescription drugs entitled;
Prescription Drugs; The #4 Killer In America!
I am proud to say that I am not a pill-popper! I try to reduce the number of prescription drugs and over-the-counter drugs I take. I have NO interest in burning out my kidneys; colon; liver or pancreas anytime soon. I had a colonoscospy in February, 2011, and I heard two of my favorite words...NO CANCER! Cancer will never be cured as long as we keep taking all these chemicals!
Although I have one foot in the grave in 2011, I am 66 years young...
I started writing seriously at the end of 2006, and I can't believe I have written so many articles on healthcare which number........Following is a list of those healthcare articles, so the reader can find what interests him or her, and get to it, without being lost in a directory of articles, etc. I have categorized them, to make it easier for you to find the topic you may be interested in.
The number in (parenthesis) to the right of the article, is the number that the article places in the popularity standings in the top 100 articles. (hits/views)
Vices; Smoking/substance abuse;
- Smoking Sucks: How I Quit Smoking; (#14); Sabrina; Another Smoking Casualty; (#75);
- Have You Ever Kissed an Ashtray? (pucker-up)
- Second-Hand Smoke and Pets Make For a Toxic
- Smoking/Heart Attacks/ You Made Your Bed...
- Stupidity; President Obummer Still Smokes...
- Smoking; Comitting Suicide One Puff at a Time;
- Stupidity; President Obummer Still Smokes;
- Smoking Can Cause Mental Illness In Later Years;
- Sorry...But America Is Already a Drunk Tank;
- Alcoholism and 'Tough Love!' (#51)
- Substance Abuse With Teenagers;
- Poison Alert: Second-Hand Smoke!
-Kids 'Sentenced' to Class to Quit Smoking;
- Heaven; Smoking or Non-Smoking Section?
- Is America Becoming a Drunk Tank?
- The Insanity of Smoking;
- Young People Should Not Start Smoking; (#3)
- The Number One Litter Problem in the World;
- Attention: Stupid Smokers!
- E-Cigarettes; Another Toy For the Excuse-Maker;
WORK IN PROGRESS...
"I got the bill from the surgeon. Now, I know why those doctors are wearing those masks." James Boren
- Remembering Manuel; (Alzheimer's/dementia
- The Dangers of Temptation and Peer-Pressure;
- Swallowing My Pride While In a Soup Line;
- Patience is a Virtue;
- Peer-Pressure; It's Everywhere!
- Get Inspired; Get Motivated; Get Going;
- Getting and Keeping My Confidence;
- Open Mind vs. Closed Mind For Your Health;
- The Seriousness of Depression; (#48)
- Welcome to the Funny Farm (mental illness) (#17)
- You Can't Please Everyone...So Don't Try;
- You Win Some; You Lose Some;
- Why Stress Is So Insidious!
- You're As Young as You Feel;
- Never Underestimate the Power of a Smile;
- The Sunny Side of the Street (positive attitude)
-Think Positive; Out With the Negative;
- Better Safe Then Sorry; (ER/admission)
- Concern About Those Awful Brain Diseases;
- Calistenthics For the Brain; (#26)
"A hospital should have a recovery room adjoining the cashiers office." Frances Walsh
- Here's the Skinny On How I Lost 40 Pounds; (#7)
- Losing Weight Is Only the Beginning;
- Buyer Beware; Weight Loss/Diet
"I often wondered why you can always read a doctor's bill...but you can never read a doctor's prescription." Peter Dunne
Diabetes (Type 2);
- Diabetes (type 2) and Sleep Deprivation; (#8)
-Ten Million Americans Have Diabetes and Don't -
"Tonight you have a cough. Go home and eat a whole box of Ex-lax...and tomorrow you will be afraid to cough." Pearl Williams
General Medical Healthcare;
- Avocados; Choloresterol; and Heart Disease;
- Gift of Life; Become an Organ Donor; (#19)
- We're All Going To Die Sooner or Later; (#25)
- Healthcare; Become an Advocate for Yourself;
-Health Report; When Medicines Make You Sick;
- How Do You Spell Relief? P-R-E-V-N-T-I-O-N!
- Need Help...Don't Be Ashamed To Ask For It;
- It's Thanksgiving Everyday When You Have Your
- The A,B,C's of Vitamin D;
- The Health Benefits of Olive Oil;
- The Ten Commandments of Good Health;
- Passing a Kidney Stone 101 For Dummies; (#16)
- Prescription Drugs; The #4 Killer in America
- Prune Juice; Jerry's Little Excellent Adventure;
- Sleep Apnea; Please Read Before Falling Asleep;
- Read My Lips! Radiation is Forever!
- The Benefits of Chiropractic;
- Headaches; A Learning Disability For Sure;
- Leg Amputation; Too Little; Too Late!
- Medical; Saying Goodbye To an HMO;
- Medicare; Going Broke and Taking Seniors With it;
- Medicare; (DOA) Dead on Arrival;
- Not In My Backyard (nuclear/radiation)
- Opinion; Medical People Are Less Trusted;
- Pain is Pain;
- Silent Killer; (high blood pressure) (#47)
-The Many Benefits of Exercise;
- Water Contamination is Everybody's Business;
- Assisted Legal Suicide; For or Against?
- Constipation; Saying Hello To an Expensive
- Colon Cancer; Get Ready; Get Set Go-o-o-o
- Colonoscopy Results; NO CANCER!
- Dentures: Take Care of Your Teeth...or Else;
- Diet/Diabetes; I Yam Who I Yam;
"Doctors think a lot of patients are cured...who have simply quit in disgust." Don Herold
Technology; Medical threats;
- Chemical Dumping: They're Going To Kill Us All
- Chemical Dump: Time To Close Kirtland AFB;
- Chemical Dump; Another Love Canal In the
humordoctormd Notes; (A behind-the-scenes look):
Two-number one articles;
The following article was my dominant article, and it was #1 (hits/views) for over three years and at three different locations; I never thought it would lose the lead;
Here's The Skinny On How I Lost 40 Pounds;
The most surprising article; If there is a shocker for me in 2011, it is this article. I wrote this piece in the summer of 2009, and I had never suffered from contipation until now, and I was taken to the hospital by ambulance. The finger was pointed at the medication I was given for diabetes (metformin) which was changed. I was reluctant to write the piece because of the subject matter. The only way I would write it, is that if I could add some humor to the piece and do it in good taste.
Two years later (2011) this piece climbed the ladder and has now occupies the #2 spot (hits/views) out of 271 articles I have in my collection. This is amazing to me...I would have never dreamed...
Constipation: Saying Hello to a Costly Enema:
From serious to a funny article:
This is the only article in my collection (271) that started out as a serious article...and wound up a funny article. As with all my articles, they have to stand alone before I add quotes to them. After this piece was written in a serious manner, I went out and found some of the funniest quotes...essentially changing this piece from a serious piece...to a funny piece.
The Many Benefits of Exercise;
SITE MAP For Hopelessly Lost People;
Copyright; 2011; Jerry Aragon; The Humor Doctor;