Do you want to raise your children to be honest adults in the future? Well here are 7 tips that you can use to raise honest kids.
1. Create Room For Candor - Make family time and dinnertime a chance for your child to grow his/her authentic voice.
2. Seek To Understand - When you catch your child in an untruth, strive to hear his/her story. Try yo grasp what fears led your child to believe that he/she could not tell the truth.
3. Hold Your Child Responsible - Firm but fair consequences can hold your child responsible for his/her actions. Don't let your child wiggle his/her way out of it with distorting the truth.
4. Discuss Honesty - Talk about being truthful with your child. Use words that your child will understand. Ask him/her to think about honesty means in any relationship.
5. Model Honesty - Show your child how to be honest by doing it yourself in your relationships. Your child models after you so do the right thing.
6. Beware Of Hypocrisy - Children notice when their parents say one thing and do something totally different. Strive to be honest even if it does have consequences attached.
7. Teach Rather Then Rebuke - Inspire and encourage your child to be honest. Harsh punishment will work for the moment but will not change their behavior. Teach your child what he needs to know to learn honesty.
As you can see honesty is the best medicine to teach your children honesty. They will model whatever you do, so if you are honest then your children will model it.
Please leave your comment about this subject and thanks for reading.