· My Dog Is My Hero
· Where The Redwing Sings
· Through Katrina's Eyes, Poems from an Animal Rescuer's Soul
· Mystery of Madera Canyon
· Cemetery Island
· Gold River Canyon
· Curious Creatures - Wondrous Waifs, My Life with Animals
· The Easter Skunk
· The Dog At The Drive-Thru Window
· Home For The Holidays
· Two Bonded Street Orphans, In From The Cold
· A Survivor's Tale
· Pigs, Turtles, and Bugs!
· Gentle Cemetery Dog Finally Safe
· Freezing, Starving, and Scared
· A Home For The Holidays
· The Dog On The Tracks
· I Am a Dog, Not a Thing
· Ghost Dog Rescued From Hot Dog Stand
· February is 'National Spay/Neuter Awareness' Month
· The 2014 Home 4 The Holidays Campaign
· Saving Our Canine Vets, This Veterans Day
· November is 'Adopt-A-Senior-Pet' Month
· National Pit Bull Awareness Day
· Keep Your Pets Safe This Halloween
· October is 'Adopt-A-Dog' Month
· Pet Theft Is On The Rise
· Just Nature
· It's Poppy Time Once More
· Please Don't Worry So Much, H.P.
· Meatloaf Matlack
· A Walk With Dogs
· Earth Day Blues
· What Have We Become
· The Victims of Our Cruelty
· The Shredding Machine
· Happy Easter From Valentino
· Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Dogs
· The Daily Mews
· Where The Redwing Sings
· Another Review For Curious Creatures-Wondrous Waifs
· Recipient of the 2006 Merial Human-Animal Bond Award
· International Writing Award
· My Animal Book Wins an Award
Mr. Ed, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
What Are You Going To Do To Help?
The third Saturday of August is International Homeless Animals’ Day. On this day, groups around the world come together to raise awareness about the massive pet overpopulation problem today. With events in 9 countries and 24 U.S. states, thousands of people are gearing up to take a stand.
According to their official website, they aim to “let the world know we will not tolerate the senseless killing that continues to take the lives of innocent dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens simply because there are not enough good homes for them.”">http://www.isaronline.org/ihad.html">official website, they aim to “let the world know we will not tolerate the senseless killing that continues to take the lives of innocent dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens simply because there are not enough good homes for them.”
On International Homeless Animals’ Day, individuals and organizations around the world organize awareness-raising activities like candlelight vigils, adopt-a-thons, spay/neuter clinics, microchip clinics, slideshows, rallies, dog walks, open houses, award ceremonies, live music, raffles, and games.
There are many ways you can participate:
Get educated: learn more about animal welfare issues and how to help shelter pets. Try reading:
Found Baby Kittens">http://www.care2.com/greenliving/found-baby-kittens.html">Found Baby Kittens
How to Help Animals Without Taking Them In">http://www.care2.com/greenliving/how-to-help-animals-without-taking-them-in.html">How to Help Animals Without Taking Them In
9 Myths About Spaying and Neutering">http://www.care2.com/greenliving/9-myths-about-spaying-and-neutering.html">9 Myths About Spaying and Neutering
- Attend an event: check the Event Schedule to find a meeting near you.">http://www.isaronline.org/ihad_2012.html">Event Schedule to find a meeting near you.
- Participate in the Virtual Vigil: If you can’t attend an event or if there’s no event in your area, then you can light a candle online in honor of homeless animals.">http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=ISAR">light a candle online in honor of homeless animals.
- Sign petitions: it’s a great way to let the government and other officials know that pet overpopulation is a serious problem. Some Care2 petitions:
- Every Homeless Pet Deserves a Chance">http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/285/944/353/">Every Homeless Pet Deserves a Chance
- Pledge to Help Stray Animals">http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/613/761/188/">Pledge to Help Stray Animals
- Help Shut Down Puppy Mills">http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/688/148/486/">Help Shut Down Puppy Mills
- Help the U.S. Become a No Kill Nation">http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/730/145/210/">Help the U.S. Become a No Kill Nation
- Control UK Dog Breeding Now">http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/control-uk-dog-breeding-now/">Control UK Dog Breeding Now
What are you going to do to help?
Reader Reviews for
"International Homeless Animals' Day"
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by JASMIN HORST SEILER
|Signed in early spring dear Ed, bless you for spreading the news, I still think, that the closures of puppy mills, would add the most to stop most of this horrible problem, the moral issues of induviduals is another thing, wish they were all like you!|