Blogs by A. Colin Wright
Few places to list plays/screenplays
2/19/2010 8:24:12 AM
I have a number of plays, but very few places to list them. You'll find extracts and details of the following on my website http://www.acolinwright.ca and (for the first three only as yet) on http://www.productionscripts.com.
1. "Lieutenant Kizhe," based on the satire about a non-existent hero, by Yury Tynianov with music by Sergei Prokofiev.
2. "Germany Calling," based on the life of William Joyce, the British traitor known as Lord Haw-Haw because of his radio broadcasts to Britain during the war.
3. "Really, Judith," a new interpretation of the story of Judith who, according to Apocrypha, gained admission to the tent of the invading general Holofernes in order to kill him--only here she's seen as passionately in love with him.
4. "Out of This World," almost a farce, involving a broad-minded professor of theology, his "outragious" mistress, her confidence-trickster husband who's escaped from prison, and a forgetful but traditional head of the department of religion.
5. "Tangle of the Isles," where an impoverished businessman discovers his house in the Hebrides has been taken over by a bunch of "lay sisters."
6. "The Loss of My Good Name," based on the proposition that the works attributed to Shakespeare were in fact written by the Earl of Oxford.
7. "Unlikely Ceremonies": three one-act plays designed to be performed by the same six actors on the same evening. Celebrations where everything goes wrong, with hilarious conclusions: "George's Funeral" (the straight comedy), "Nora's Anniversary" (the tragi-farce) and "Jennifer's Wedding" (the farce, ending with a same-sex marriage).
My novel is listed at http://www.sardiniansilver.com.
Post a Comment new!
More Blogs by A. Colin Wright
Who am I? Who are You? - Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Sardinia Then and Now - Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Love Travel? Do it at Someone Else's Expense - Wednesday, August 17, 2011
What I believe - Thursday, March 03, 2011
Return from New Zealand - Monday, January 31, 2011
Allbooks Review Editor's Choice for Sardinian Silver - Sunday, January 02, 2011
New article on Mikhail Bulgakov - Monday, October 25, 2010
Rewriting St. John - Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Mikhail Bulgakov and the Question of Greatness: a Reassessment - Tuesday, September 07, 2010
literature & Fiction Interviews Volume II - Tuesday, September 07, 2010
Article soon on the Oberammergau Passion Play - Sunday, June 06, 2010
Faith, belief and knowledge - Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Few places to list plays/screenplays - Friday, February 19, 2010
Generally a difficult time - Friday, January 01, 2010
Bethlehem (a Christmas story, in two versions) and other stories - Friday, December 18, 2009
85 ; 15 - Monday, December 07, 2009
Time versus Eternity - Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Hoping to put on more articles - Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Return from East Africa - Friday, October 09, 2009
Blogs or articles? And I'm going on holiday. - Monday, September 14, 2009
More readers' comments invited! - Friday, August 28, 2009
Chance or Fate? - Tuesday, July 21, 2009
On Michael Jackson, Celebrities, and becoming Famous - Tuesday, July 14, 2009
More on what I believe - Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Writing and what I believe in life - Friday, May 29, 2009
Likes and Dislikes in Reading - Tuesday, May 19, 2009
What you can do to help - Tuesday, May 12, 2009
What happens next? - Sunday, May 03, 2009
How Sardinian SIlver and other things came to be written. - Tuesday, April 28, 2009
More on what I want to write about - Tuesday, April 14, 2009
- Monday, January 01, 1900