In 2013 I worked on a dozen new compositions connected to the Band-Project named INTERSTITIUM (album title 'COMMUNICATION BETWEEN WORLDS'). The idea has been to make use of a number of simple online music programs/licenses as well as Tablet apps (from $1 to $10) for Android to provide some musical backing and then record the song vocals and other bits using Reaper and a lap-top. This was the main 'constraint' I placed on the songwriting side: to see how far one could get with some lyric melodies and a bunch of cheap apps and licenses.
* Video for 'Another War'.
* The Centre - 1990s raw jam version (see 'Creativity in Process - Sect. B' below).
*Click on the link to download the Interstitium App. - currently only the Android version is available]
To play or link to particular songs:
1) 'Medicine man' (full demo version), copyright Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013, all rights reserved.;
2.) 'Golem'- (full demo version - words and music Ian Irvine (Hobson), 2013 all rights reserved);
3) 'Red-Brick Graveyard' (full demon version, copyright Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013);
4) full demo version of 'Another War', [For video click here], words and music, Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013;
5) full demo version of 'Renegades of Time', words and music Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013;
6) 'Soul in Motion' (3 minute sample), copyright Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013, all rights reserved;
7) full demo version of 'Soror Mystica: Lovers in the Nigredo' (copyright Ian Irvine (Hobson, 2009);
8) a 3 minute sample from 'Forest Dweller' this version copyright Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013, original copyright Ian Irvine and Kenji Hepworth 1995;
9) demo version of 'See How Still She Sleeps' (words and music this version by Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013, all rights reserved);
10) a sample from, 'When the Boat Went Down' (words and music copyright Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013, all rights reserved;
11) Cosmic Suicide(full demo version, Words and music Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2005, all rights reserved);
12) 3 minute demo version of 'Window to the Grave', words and music Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013 all rights reserved.
See also full sample playlist (at AudioBoom): INTERSTITIUM (playlist of recent songs by Ian Irvine Hobson). See alsoReverbnation site for Interstitium as well as Ian Irvine (hobson) Musician's page.
CREATIVITY IN PROCESS - SECTION A: 1) demo version 'You Could Launch a Summer' (words and music Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013, all rights reserved); 2) full demo version of Fallen Woman; (Words and Music Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013); 14) ; 3) a sample from 'Cybersexualis' (Words and Music Ian Irvine (Hobson) 2013; 4) 'Lets Get it Wrong' (Words and Music, Irvine (Hobson)/King-Smith, 1996-2006); and, finally: 5) a folksy song about my days as a fast bowler (cricket) in my late teens entitled 'The Gift of Pace'.
[CREATIVITY IN PROCESS - Section B: For the sake of history, I've put up four pieces that were not written by myself alone but may be performed after reworking by Interstitium: A) Haunted Lullaby - this version 2013 by Interstitium (words/lyric melodies: Irvine/Thorpe, Music: Thorpe, Mannix, YT and O'Neill; B) The Last Summer - epic first and last jam version (words/lyric melodies Irvine: music: James Mannix. Also, includes lyrics by Tim Jenkyns); and C) The Centre - epic first and last jam version (words/lyrics and lyric melodies Irvine/Mannix, music Mannix, 1991 all rights reserved); and d) Letter to You (lyrics/lyric melodies Irvine, music: Mannix 1991). [Note: in its old form it was known as 'Turn That Clock Around' (jam version GC (1))].
[All other song recordings by Interstitium above - music and lyrics - copyright Ian Irvine (Hobson) all rights reserved except: 'Lets Get it Wrong' (words Irvine/Sue Kingsmith, Music: Irvine, 1996) and 'Forest Dweller' (Irvine/Hepworth 1995)..
Mechanical Rights (all song versions above except 'The Last Summer' and 'The Centre' copyright Interstitium, 2013, all rights reserved.Thanks to Kara Irvine-Kingsmith for occasional harmonies and Ev Charalambous for harmonies, transcription services and recording/sound engineering help with a number of these songs. [NB: The music backing for some of these songs comes from music software program licenses held by Interstitium]