Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
it's not what you think : -)
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, March 09, 2004
Not rated by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
a little bit of fun. :-)
it snuck in when i least expected it to.
a murderous odor assaulted my nose.
it singed the nose hairs and brought tears to my eyes.
how awful. it smelled like something decomposed.
i turned to my hubby and blamed him for it.
"what? do you think i would do something like that?
why do you always think it's me who did it?
i didn't do it. it's coming from the cat."
i turned to kitty, tried to blame her for it.
her poor little nose was twisted in a knot.
poor thing looked like she was going to get sick.
i knew it wasn't the kitty. it was spot!
i turned to the dog, spot, and blamed him for it.
the dog's eyes were crossed, he'd passed out on the floor.
if it wasn't hubby, kitty, dog--then who???
my God, it stunk like a dying dinosaur!
i was about to to throw up--it was so foul.
it could be a weapon to win any war.
when all of a sudden, the answer walked in.
it came from a skunk who wandered through the door!
*got ya!* hee hee :-)
(C) Copy written, 2004, by Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Simon Thurlow (Reader)
|LMAO...are you sure about that ?|
|Reviewed by E. Richardson
|ROFLMAO...methinks Andy has the right thought here...LOL....
"aaahhhh my darhling...wee could make beyouuutiful musak togethar"
ya gotta watch that Pepe!....
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|LOL, just what I thought, it wasn't what I thought.
Pepe la pue is after you..
|Reviewed by Ted Sheridan (Reader)
|Call me crazy but from a distance, I like the smell of skunk, reminds me of Vietnam.|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Karla, skunk is the worst you in a fun mood;-)? Hope it never really happens you would faint;-)!|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
Smelly write Karla!!
Thanks for giving us a "smell" of it!!
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|Now that will turn your stomach! I was sitting quietly on a porch and a skunk came right in front of me. I was so still, not moving a muscle, remaining statue like. Lucky for me it didn't see me as a threat and waddled away. I left the porch. Often wondered if I met one of my power animals that day :-)|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
LOL LM*O, ROTFWHL
Oh, Karla, this is too funny; you got ME good on that ending! What a hySTERICally funny write; I nearly busted out laughing reading this one! (NOT a good thing to do in a LIBRARY!) Thanks for the giggle; I truly enjoyed this poem! This is most definitely a KEEPER! Into my library this goes!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
my favorite two lines were,
"i turned to kitty, tried to blame her for it,/
her poor little nose was twisted in a knot." That is absolutely PRICELESS!! LOL What great imagery!! LOL
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Rufuz was worried, he thought you were talking bad of doggies. Fortunately I have yet, nor did he, to find and be attacked by a skunk, I always worry about Rufuz, he loves to chase the animals, specially the squirrels, if one turns out to be a skunk someday, what the heck do I do, maybe move and leave him here...LOL! funny write, I needed a good laugh, thanks...Peace thru the Laugh, Ed & Rufuz|