Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, March 24, 2004
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
This one is for Kate. :-)
i dip my pen into inspired ink
& write of dark thunderclouds in the skies--
dark clouds by lightning cauterized
lightning by thunder pulverized
thunder by the wind terrorized
& wind by rain is moisturized
the rain by hail is fossilized
& hail by updrafts maximized
updrafts by downdrafts brutalized
downdrafts by sirens advertized
it's coming! time for shelter, don't you think?
as i write tornadoes before your eyes--
(C) Copy written, 2004, by Karla Dorman
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Simon Thurlow (Reader)
|Blimey ... and attack of the Z's LOL
Very creative write Karla
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
this was a creative idea, excellent write,,,
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|WOW Karla, what a great idea, and there you go again, writing more and more, and each and every time it just gets better and better...Peace, ed & rufuz|
|Reviewed by Sheila Jones (Reader)
|Wonderful poem, I love your creativity, Karla!
Do batten-down the hatches, and do stay safe!
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Very well done Karla!!
If I try to do creative work it remains a flop......lol!!
|Reviewed by Calendula Petal
|batten down the hatches.....fill the thermos flask......you whipped us up here Karla. Very atmospheric poem, gave me a shiver down the backbone........hope you got plan B ready.....be safe, please.|
|Reviewed by Mark Mahoney
|I loved this Karla you captured it all so very very well,impressive read, well done...Mark x|
|Reviewed by Leland Waldrip
|Those of us who live in or near Tornado Alley need to prepare for the worst. Creative use of tilde. LOL And timely warning.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
I SEE it, I SEE it!! INCREDIBLE, stormy-filled poem, thanks a LOT!! (you know I HATE storms...) This is akin to an F-5 twister in creativity and rhyming! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twisted twin, Karen Lynn. :D LOL
|Reviewed by Lisa Hilbers
|Hey Karla? Can you write up a small fortune? *grin* Joking ofcourse!
Yes I'd say it was time to take shelter! But...it is that time of the year! Good write Karla. Lisa