Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Acrostic: Memorial Day
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, May 29, 2004
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Thank you to our veterans that made it back, and to those who died for the freedom I enjoy. I honor you.
* IMAGE: courtesy Chuck "Doc" Stewart
M elancholy notes from "Taps" is played by a lone bugler.
E loquently, the song pays tribute to those who were there.
M en in uniform salute, tears running down their faces.
O vercome with emotion, they silently remember.
R emembering battles fought, recalling each friendship made.
I ntimate with death, they learned painful lessons about life.
A ll gave something, but some of them paid the ultimate price.
L egions of heroes is who we are honoring today.
D efenders of freedom,
A vailable at a moment's notice...
Y es, I remember...and I am grateful.
(C) Copy written, 2004, by Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by John Domino
John Michael Domino Major, USAF (retired)
|Reviewed by kg cummings
|Yes, I remember and am grateful also Karla. thank you for serving, and for sharing this wonderful poem. Blessings, Kathy|
|Reviewed by John Banasiewicz Jr
|Stands at attention here and salutes you for this powerful and touching write.
We should all be grateful not only today but every day we can say we have our freedom.
|Reviewed by OnepoetGem *the Poetic Rapper
with the gun in hand,
saves the land.
Not the no war,
afraid of a scar,
stay way afar,
A great piece. Thanks l&p G
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|OUtstanding tribute Karla!!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|This is another wonderful poem Karla
|Reviewed by Andre Bendavi ben-YEHU
|"Acrostic: Memorial Day" for those who gave without limitation.
Blessed be those that honor their benefactors with respect and gratitude.
Thank You, Sublime Poet!
Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU
|Reviewed by Cynthia Castle (Reader)
This is a wonderful tribute! I join you in remembering and honoring all those who served, including you, Dear Poet! God Bless You! Thank you for sharing this!
|Reviewed by Thomas Lanechanger
|This is absolutely brilliant; Poet Karla J. Dorman!!! I salute you for a job well-done!!!|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Right on Karla, but remember, Peace is the ONLY Way...Ed & Rufuz|
|Reviewed by Lori Moore
|Reviewed by Rebekah Rosie Lang
|WOW! Karla! Brilliant poem!
BRAVA! I am sure you are touched
every Memorial Day by being in
the Air Force yourself for awhile. The Fine people
who paid the ultimate price are looking down from heaven
now and smiling so. They are thinking of you!
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Brava Karla! An awesome tribute! I join you in
giving thanks for their service, and include you
my dear, for having served too, without ever giving
yourself the credit you deserve. Thank You for
your contribution to our country Karla!God bless you!