Join | Login  

     Popular! Books, Stories, Articles, Poetry
Where Authors and Readers come together!


Featured Authors:  Marty Young, iLois Santalo, iCheryl Carpinello, iRichard Tscherne, iJeanne Miller, iGisele Vincent-Page, iJames Becher, i

  Home > Poetry > Poetry
Popular: Books, Stories, Articles, Poetry     

~Indigo~ Elga

· Become a Fan
· Contact me
· Articles
· Poetry
· News
· Stories
· Blog
· 220 Titles
· 2,951 Reviews
· Save to My Library
· Share with Friends!
Member Since: May, 2004

~Indigo~ Elga, click here to update your pages on AuthorsDen.

Popular Poetry (Poetry)
  1.  in honor of
  2.  Blue Morpho
  3.  Life and a Love
  4.  Free Spirit
  5.  Learning Experence
  6.  Australian storm
  7.  For Emily
  8.  Water Baby
  9.  Your Own Nuclear Power
  10.  Traveler's Lament
  11.  I'm So Happy
  12.  Woodsmoke and Possibility....
  13.  Defeat
  14.  I Wish I Could Tell You...
  15.  Eclipse
  16.  Springtime Breeze
  17.  Morning Thoughts
  18.  larger voice
  19.  Last Birthday
  20.  My Scars

Question Sanity !
by ~Indigo~ Elga
Sunday, June 20, 2004
Not rated by the Author.
Share   Print  Save   Become a Fan

Recent poems by ~Indigo~ Elga
•  Africa Calls ... Listen !
•  Forever Autumn REPOST
•  Fragility of the Orchid Flower
•  Sharp Shards of Morning
•  Jesting, Taunting
           >> View all 210


 Question Sanity !

Tears welling in my heart,
filling up, choking me
do I need this ?
pounding hard inside my bosom,
pulsating, coursing through these veins
reaching farthest extremes,
Help ! am I going insane ?

Explain joy,
how do you express fear?
colour, taste, emotions, texture
pain, broken heart and despair,
how can one explain all this ?
are words enough?
can you express colour to me,
to express the feeling,
your sensations
the same that I feel?
touch a soft silky petal,
is that the sandpaper I feel?
is bitter to you
the sweetness I taste,
the red velvet rose,
is that the blue I see ?

How does one

express joy
affirm pain
divulge love
phrase colour
voice sensations
articulate texture
measure taste

enunciate emotions
formulate texture
arrange feelings
verbalize taste
declare sensations
vent pain

How can I know that we sense the same things.
I see red velvet roses, is that what you see
Explain, tell me, is your red the blue I see.

E. Betton
June 2004 Copyright Material



Want to review or comment on this poem?
Click here to login!

Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!

Reviewed by E. Richardson 6/21/2004
You did a very creditble job of expressing everything in this...a wonderful introspective piece...well done, Elga
Reviewed by na na (Reader) 6/21/2004
All the different things one expresses Elga are wrapped up in this questioning poem. Would we see as one if we shared the same experience? Maybe sharing with someone you love is the key to any emotional experience. i.e. I love someone and she has no feelings for me. Surely, what I see, taste, and feel about her is not the same feeling shared for me, but for another. There is no end to the shades of emotions. Emotion is like an abyss. We take one step and then fall either to ours depths of feelings or else crash on the shores of neverland; where we die without knowing the joys of love. I love her anyway ... Anothers emotions are not dependent on what I feel. So the blue rose may well be red, and thank God what I think is not dependent on anothers propaganda and influence. In all areas we are different, and a so called expert is no more than an amateur when it comes to feeling and thinking and being. THANK GOD AGAIN!
Bill Murray
Reviewed by Cynthia Castle (Reader) 6/20/2004
What a thought-provoking expression of expressions! ...Extraordinary write, Dear Poet!
Truly enjoyed this!

Reviewed by Thomas Lanechanger 6/20/2004
Bravo!!! I do know what I see whenever I read your poetry, Poet. It is some of the best work Iíve ever had the honor and opportunity to read!!! Your very creative combination of fabulous artwork and outstanding poetry meshes into a timeless masterpiece!!! I truly enjoy reading your work!!! Thank you for sharing it.
Reviewed by Fletcher Bailey (Reader) 6/20/2004 erception of colour is what experience when I read your poetry...fantastic
Reviewed by Alexander Shaumyan (Reader) 6/20/2004
Exactly, our perceptions are very subjective. What 99% see as black-and-white, the other 1% perceive as grey. Crazy is going against the status quo. There is an excellent book on the subject "The Politics of Experience". And it's not about smoking ganja. :)
Authors alphabetically: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Featured Authors | New to AuthorsDen? | Add AuthorsDen to your Site
Share AD with your friends | Need Help? | About us

Problem with this page?   Report it to AuthorsDen
© AuthorsDen, Inc. All rights reserved.