Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, October 19, 2004
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Mama knows you are thirsty
Mama's milk won't flow
My love can't slake the longing
Mama knows...Mama knows
Mama knows that you are hungry
Mama hears your cries
My love can't fill your belly
Mama's tried...Mama's tried
Mama knows you are scared
Mama feels your fear
Mama's arms are safe and warm
Mama's here...Mama's here
Mama knows you are dying
Mama's dying, too
You won't take that step alone
Mama's coming with you
(C) Copy written, 19 October, 2004, by Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Dawn Richerson
|i wiped my tear after staring at the photo, but i couldn't stop the ones that fell after i read your poem, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Rebekah Rosie Lang
|Oh Karla! That picture! Takes
my breath away! And your words!
|Reviewed by Karen Chalfant (Reader)
|Wonderful and sad poem, Karla. Well written as always!|
|Reviewed by Cynth'ya firstname.lastname@example.org
|Let us always pray for Mama.
blessin's and (((hugs))) my sistah,
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|oh Karla this is heartbreaking...in times like this I pray to God to rather just wipe every living creature of this planet and start over...truly thats how I feel at times!!
|Reviewed by Nordette Adams
|A genuine heartbreaking poem, Karla. Truly drives home a message.|
|Reviewed by Phillip William Allen
|Makes you wonder what lifes all about. Sometimes it's so unfair.|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Reviewed by Judy Lloyd (Reader)
|You put a face on these children my heart has always been for these dear ones. They are butterflies with a new set of wings. Thought provoking.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Close Mills
|Oh Karla. This makes my heart hurt. It's a powerful write.|
|Reviewed by - - - - - TRASK
|(God) Does Know How Many Poor Mamma's Cry In VAIN!?????????
|Reviewed by A Serviceable Villain
One extreme write!! Powerful, and poignant - it yanks at your heart!!
|Reviewed by Lori Moore
|This tore my heart. Excellent write.|
|Reviewed by Lisa Hilbers
|Karla, now who's making who cry? This is so tragically sad.
Very well penned though.
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Stunningly powerful, Karla; and as many have already said, a true tear-jerker. And so tragic in this day and age that your scenario still occurs in our world.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla this one packed a punch, a tear jerker I have to agree
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|oh, this made me cry, karla! a powerful, heartrending write! and that picture....geez! absolutely spectacular and hardhitting write; BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, karen lynn. :( >tears, tears, tears <
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Oh my Karla! this is a real tear-jerker! Hope
all is well? Superb writing!
|Reviewed by Sue Hess
|how heartbreaking Karla, this is so well written but so sad|