Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, February 21, 2005
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
I have NO idea where this one came from. I just wrote it the way it came. I'm fine. Really!
THREE MORE DAYS...
i'm born inna rush of blood
that flow like
a river onto the bed
of pain where
my mama lie sweatin and
writin mad poems for me--
who will take over when she
an go on drunkin cruises
while i write
takin my first timid steps
the footprints of a master--
who is never satisfied
with my words
she slap them out of my pen
abject frustration and rage
how could her
daughter not know how to write--
i didn't ask for this job
run away an not come back
be the poet that she is
why can't she
just leave me the hell alone--
(C) Copy written, 21 February, 2005, by Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
This is beyond bizarre; but it is still a very good write! I love that line, "She slaps them out of her pen". *Whap, whap, whap* LOL Terrific write, and have fun on your cruise; just be safe is all I ask! I shall miss you like crazy, but you deserve a break from me! LOL
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :)
|Reviewed by Joel Raja Kumar J
|Not so sure you are alright, Karla. I am thinking the cruise ahs gotten into yore head. Poor Babe!!!
Enjoy your trip and bring back some memories to share with us. Moma will be pleased, may be:) :)
Love from India - Joel -
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Excellent, powerful write Karla....
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Wonderful and powerfully perfected!!
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|she slaps them out of my pen
Excellent way to get those babies down on paper - and only three more days!!!!!
|Reviewed by Barbara Terry
|Very good Karla. As you know I too was very misunderstood. May the Lord be with you, and at your side always. With much love, peace, & (((HUGS))), your very dear friend in Wisconsin, and sister in Christ our Lord,
Barbara Lynn Terry
"If I have to...Then I may as well be."
|Reviewed by jude forese
|an excellent poem revealing your frustration at being misunderstood ...|
|Reviewed by Phillip William Allen
|Absolutely perfectly penned|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Kind of a dark write for you, Karla...but still it seems to have a power that is kind of indescribable, but nonetheless still you...does that make any sense? ED|
|Reviewed by Lori Moore
|Great write. Sometimes, the ones that just come out are the best.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|This is a great write, hope you enjoy your cruise...
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|So it's a booze cruise?
Karla I love what flows from your pen.
After a year at Aberlean, I know how sweet and caring Texan babes are..
|Reviewed by Nordette Adams
|You're going deeper into your muse, Karla. Let it flow.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Close Mills
|It's hard to run away from our muse-even if it's not the muse we asked for. Incredible piece Karla. Michelle|
|Reviewed by Faye Enno (Reader)
|Powerful piece! :)|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Profound write that shows a deeply hidden event that when touched is like a raw nerve. You're doing right to expose it Karla! superb poem!
Love Eileen...(the T.warning is lifted;-) Still pouring rain though...
reminds me of when I lived in Illinois, and why I left;-)...
|Reviewed by Judy Lloyd (Reader)
|This is intense and something that believe it or not I have felt and one day when it is appropiate I can write it. But you sure hit one on the head.|
|Reviewed by Sue Hess
|wow, this is very intense...much anger here karla...i hope everything is okay|