Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
A Great Man Was Buried Today
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, April 08, 2005
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
If you knew your mentor, your inspiration, was going to die, what would you say at their funeral?
This is fictional, but came to me SO strongly, I had to write it.
Fellow AD wordsmiths, thank you for touching darkened places in my soul and freeing the words with your encouragement and love.
A great man was buried today.
Oh, he wasn't the Pope
or a Prince from Monaco.
This man we remember today
was a struggling Poet.
See, he had this way with words--
nobody could tell a story
or write poems like him.
I would sit there for hours--
entranced by his every word
as it fell from his lips,
planting itself in my soul--
and I would dream of writing books.
But you know, kids grow up--
we lost touch over the years--
I made a living by writing.
It was because of him
That I fell in love with words--
I didn't know that he was sick
Until I got the call
To speak at his funeral--
You tell me he bought all my books
and followed my career--
and told folks that he knew me--
Laughing in unabashed pleasure--
Living his dreams through me--
How I wish I had known this--
We bury a great man today.
He made me what I am.
It's because of him I write--
(C) Copy written, 8 April, 2005, by Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Karen Chalfant (Reader)
|Great write, Karla! Even though it's fiction I'm sure many can relate to this in some way.|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Outstanding write Karla....as always...
|Reviewed by George Jackson
|Fictional or not, this is excellent.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Beautifully moving write; you are really taking off on your writing! Keep it up; a spectacular effort from you! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|A fine write Karla!!
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Karla you hit on such wonderful issues here... I have often wondered how I will make tribute to those who mean so much in my life and feel that whatever I might say will not do them justice. It also reminds me to articulate appreciation of people while they can yet hear it... this gets me into trouble sometimes as funnily enough, us Brits find that just toooo difficult to handle or receive somehow. But ain't it the truth that we ALL need our hungry souls fed in this way? You have done a marvellous job here and it is a wonderfully mutually rewarding write, too. Indeed it IS wonderful to both be able to give and to be able to receive so graciously. Bless you, thank you, Kate xx|
|Reviewed by jude forese
|a very moving tribute an an individual who never gave up on your poetic ability ...|
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|A truly beautiful tribute, Karla. Merci mon amie. Amour et paix. Ton ami de la C-B. Régis|
|Reviewed by - - - - - TRASK
|Yep, And Jesus Is Still Nailed To His Cross_Huh!
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Beautifully and compassionately done Karla!
Thanks for your support, my friend!;-)
|Reviewed by m j hollingshead
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|This could fit my freshmen teacher as well, powerful write
|Reviewed by Judy Lloyd (Reader)
|Well this could have fit my seventh grade teacher. A fine write Karla.|
|Reviewed by Dave Harm
|Excellent write... we all have our mentors, they need to know... before the end of the write...|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|A fine tribute to a mentor, Karla - but glad to hear it's fiction.|