Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, May 16, 2005
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
>> View all 3,236
I am fine. This just came to me, and so, I write.
I understand the storm
When it shouts and cries -
The anger that's displayed
In tormented skies -
Its loneliness in each
Brilliant lightning flash -
Each disappointment in
Every thunder crash -
And we commiserate
In the pouring rain -
Because we understand
The other one's pain.
(c) 2005, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|Insightful deep write. To understand is to heal.|
|Reviewed by Paul Williams
|Superb and powerful as the storm...ah! how we understand our environment more than we know.
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Most profound, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Oh yes!! I do believe I am the one to conjure them up sometimes, and it's them that are giving vent to my own frustrations; They are therefore a friend saying "Let it all out, Honey!" This has gone deeply to ground with me, Karla, thank you: I feel energised! :)) LOL Kate xx PS Love the way you extend this hand of friendship to your "enemy"!|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Outstanding write Karla...I too love T-storms...
Peace and love, Carole
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Ah I do so love T-storms, though Rufuz does not share my love therein...this poem shows both pain and anger in the storm, wish I could see the lightening...Ed|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Oh,oh ,oh...do I read this well...excellent!!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla this is a great write
|Reviewed by Sherry Heim
|Powerfully dark and passionate poetry, Karla. Once we understand nature, our fear of it can subside.
|Reviewed by Larry Rochelle
|Good, dark emotion here. Full of concern.|
|Reviewed by Ronald Hull
|I've never equated a storm with pain, but it's a nice sentiment well stated and punctuated by the flash of lightning.gif
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|You are so deeply compassionate Karla!
A fine poem that grips the emotions!
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|OOOO, are you having great thunder storms. We had one clap of thunder in the last year.(:
I love texan weather, and BBQ's. Interesting subtext special K..
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|This is so sublime and yet so clear. I can instantly recognize, sympathise and emphasize with this Poem Karla and you are one heck of a writer and this is the proof. Well done.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Excellent write, and I love the picture! Very well done; brava!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Judy Lloyd (Reader)
|I think so too Karla.|
|Reviewed by Cathrine Hottran