Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
silently on invisible currents
on their neverending quest for a meal -
sirens announce that not all sleep in peace
and dogs create their own Doppler effect -
thumping of loud music shatters the air
and then the night pulses back to silence -
A rat bares
its teeth at the approach of death which comes
with deadly accuracy on cat paws -
Their bellies against the ground having had
A buffet of crawfish from Chigger Creek -
The trees sigh
In contentment as the breeze rocks them to
sleep with a lullaby as old as time -
I lay on
my back and wish I could stay forever
underneath the stars in the midnight sky.
(c) 2005, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Denise Edwards
|Awesome, my friend! I've done this as a child! There's nothing quite like a summer night in Texas, under the stars at midnight!
Your friend in Dallas~Denise
|Reviewed by Retta (Reindeer) Mckenzie
|So very lovely Karla, this is just beautiful!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
This is so serene and so peaceful; and there is nobody I'd rather watch the stars (or the Northern Lights) with than you! Beautiful write; very well done, Karla! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|A truly marvelous Nocturnal Ode, Karla!|
|Reviewed by jude forese
|fantastic images! a real "feel" for the midnight sky ...|
|Reviewed by Paul Williams
|The night is never silent Excellent.
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Karla you have taken a step up with this poem! Kudo's!
I like the direction you have been going in! Great work!
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
A fine offering!!
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|A wonderful offering here Karla...visual excellence!
Peace and love, Carole
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|This is amazing Karla
and I am glad you and Karen are okay
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|You can stay forever in that position, but unfortunately the starry sky will change daily...even one night out there, with no storms to speak of, is a life changing reason to live...Ed|
|Reviewed by Tracey L. O' Very (Reader)
|Karla This is Magnificent. Superb!
Thank you so much
|Reviewed by m j hollingshead
|Reviewed by Dawn Richerson
|You've brought this night to life, Karla. Great writing. Dawn|
|Reviewed by George Carroll
|Depicted it with grace and elegance.|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|This is so vivid and full of life I can almost picture me layin on my back beside you, actually probably under you I'm scared of bats lol
|Reviewed by - - - - - TRASK
|Silently Neat Done Good Write Right!
|Reviewed by Nordette Adams
|Beautiful, Karla. Glad you were able to get posted. :-) ~~Nordette|
|Reviewed by Judy Lloyd (Reader)
|They make the neatest sounds when hunting for crayfish. Nice write Karla. Takes me out there.|