Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, May 20, 2005
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Some of the sky falls
Man has forgotten .
He reads the tombstones ;
His eyes overflow -
many paid the price .
And yet , Man forgets
freedom that allows
buy another drink .
A long weekend off -
the blood of soldiers
for you and for me .
Go on ! Celebrate !
that right -
as for me, I will
thank our veterans :
For your sacrifice ,
Thank you .
freedoms I enjoy ,
your service ... Thank you .
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
(c) 2005, Karla Dorman
(USAF, 1983 - 1985)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|Thank you, Karla. In the midst of my sorrow, I send you love and peace. Regis|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|powerfully stated, karla, and we need to remember those who fought (and continue TO fight) for the things we hold dear. outstanding poetry, karla; thank YOU for YOUR service! God bless you and ALL our veterans!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, karen lynn. :( >tears <
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Memorial Day, I believe, as you seem to, has lost much of its meaning since my childhood days - and we need more poems like this to remind us what it truly means. Thank you, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Lisa Hilbers
You know what my feelings are on this subject..so all I'm going to say, is Thank You for your service..and Thank You for remembering all the others that fought and died for our Country and our way of life.
Bless you Karla.
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Great wrte Karla!!
|Reviewed by Tracey L. O' Very (Reader)
|Bravo Karla! Thank You so much!! My sentiments exactly!!. It's not the first weekend of summer it is the Time To Remember All Who've served for this country of Freedom! Excellent poem!!.
and to You, a Veteran, Thank You! ~~Salute!~~
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Great write to our veterans Karla
|Reviewed by Janet Caldwell
|Absolutly right on my sister!!! Brava!!! Love & miss you lots. (((Karla))) Happy hot summer... hee hee
Love & Peace, Janet
|Reviewed by F William Broome
|My deepest thanks, Karla, for your beautiful and sincere reminder that we honor them! We owe the young guys who died too young to know just why. And, let's give a snappy salute to the vets in hospitals and other treatment places. If only our Government would do right by those who stil live ! ! ! An old vet - Bill|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Thank you also Karla, for serving !
Besides this outstanding tribute!
|Reviewed by Judy Lloyd (Reader)
|I thank them too and you are right Karla you are right.|
|Reviewed by Dave Harm
|excellent poem for Memorial Day...|
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|beautiful write of gratitude!|