Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Live For Today
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, May 26, 2005
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
The first pale light of morning
nudges the drapes aside
and tickles my eyes to wake
to a brand new day
of new possibilities
and hope for the future -
Yesterday has been pronounced
dead and there is no use
in exhuming the dead ghosts
of failure and lost dreams
in the obituary
when I can live for today -
So I resolve to enjoy
the gift of life that has
been given to me this morn
and let tomorrow take
care of itself ... tomorrow
as I watch the sun rise -
And see the message written
in brilliant color just
for my eyes to read ... I
breathe in renewal and
refreshment in the breezes
of restored sanity .
(c) 2005, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Nordette Adams
|Great poem and good advice for all days.|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Karla beautiful words and visuals!
Peace and love, Carole
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Beautiful both picture and poem
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Ahhhh there is always hope each time the sun rises to smile on us.
|Reviewed by Ronald Hull
|Reminds of the old song.
|Reviewed by Iva Lawson
|I am addicted to sunrise. Sunsets have been so overdone. I learn from the past, live in the moment and plan for the future. This is about positive outlook and not living in the past. I really feel ya, Karla!|
|Reviewed by - - - - - TRASK
|Wrong--You Live For today You Will Die Before Tomorrow_
If You Live for Tomorrow (Future) You Will Live Forever!
|Reviewed by Rebecca Burns
|Dear Carla, that was beautiful. If we could all just remember to live this way each day.
Love Rebecca, keep writing
|Reviewed by Dave Harm
|Wonderful write... to let go of the past, makes our dreams of tomorrow more special|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Karla with this kind of perspective, and positive attitude, you can't lose!Even when we don't realize our dreams, we still are winners when we know God is in charge, and we accept what we have
and look ahead not back. Splendid poem!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
A most wisdom-filled, thought-provoking write; let's not dwell on the yesterdays, but on the here and nows and tomorrows! We both can benefit from this! Very well done, Karla; keep them coming! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|It takes a lot of living and a lot of soul searching to come to this inevitable conclusion. Mistakes of the past are just that, in the past. Learn from them if we are smart and try to do it better today. Good 'un.|
|Reviewed by Judy Lloyd (Reader)
|This is sage wisdom indeed Karla and you have penned it well.|