Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
Fictional, yet based on experiences with patients that have Alzheimer's.
ancient visages of ghosts
wander the haunted attic
of his mind
dragging chains of memories
made rusty by time's passage
down the stairs
i yell at them to "shut up!"
as he yammers in their voice
it's as if i have slapped him
he dances with alzheimer's
(c) 2005, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by MaryGrace Patterson
|Hi,, its hard to dael with some one who has this hofiffic disease.. Pease post this again ...NOW......M|
|Reviewed by Michelle Close Mills
|My Grandma died of Alzheimer's 4 years ago. It was a horrific decline. You have described this well, with an economy of words. Excellent write my friend...Michelle|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|So powerful and sad.....good write!|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Quite powerful, Karla - I've sadly known some folks with Alzheimer's too, and it truly is a devastating disease.|
|Reviewed by F William Broome
|Most really great works, rhyming or not, are the ones which are brief. They make you feel cheated after reading them, because you want so much for the poet to tell you more in that lyrical language you've had poured over you. Losing my father to this horror, taught me much. You know your subject, and have done very well with it. Are you a health provider professional? Thank you. - Bill
|Reviewed by m j hollingshead
|powerful read: alzheimer's is a harsh reality in the lives of so many and their families|
|Reviewed by E. Richardson
|good, very good, Lady Buckeye.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|This one really hit home
|Reviewed by Lori Moore
|Reviewed by Roger Ochs
|" i'm ashamed"
Don't be. You atoned quite nicely by writing this.
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|My mil who lives with us suffers from this terrible disease and it is one of the unkindest diseases I know of. It doesn't just rob you of your life it robs you of all dignity. I watched a sweet grey haired little old lady of 86 who never said an angry word since I met her scream cruelties at her daughter that made me cry. Good Write Karla.
|Reviewed by Katy Walsvik
|Sensitive, stark and this line: "he dances with alzheimer's"
You're in a class of your own, Karla... and dripping with class! This is really good! katy xox
|Reviewed by Dave Harm
|Great write... at times, patience isn't enough to understand the "workings" of another|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Most outstanding Karla!!
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Well, you ought to be ashamed, that's what I'm talking about, besides these damn "chains of memories" are heavy, don't you know? LOL|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
So heartbreaking; a powerful write that grabs the soul and doesn't let go! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :( >tears <
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Wow! Karla outstanding! You really scored with this one!Kudo's!