Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Rated "PG13" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME. I am okay.
This just came to me, and so, I write.
divides the dun colored clouds
as the tears gather like rain
in sympathy to my pain.
here i sit, as usual ...
in the bathroom with razor
ready to release the storm
pulsing underneath my blood ...
wind complains bitterly; it
dark and deadly secrets in
seduces me with silky
points the way to happiness.
too slow ... and the wind tells me
fuck myself. I hang my head
I want the wind to come back
me to hurry - hurry and
damn thing done and over with,
is no answer from the clouds.
voices its pain and somehow
what it is talking about -
brothers, thunder and i, as
against the indecisions
(c) 2005, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by The Smoking Poet
|Reviewed by Retta (Reindeer) Mckenzie
|Ah Karla, so very powerful and poignant, this one touches so deeply, just outstanding.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Am so glad you aren't like this; but still...you write of the frustrations that many people face. Excellent emotion, hardhitting, no holds barred anger enimates from this poem! Very well done; brava!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :(
That picture is too cool! :)
|Reviewed by Barbara Terry
|My life exactly sis. Thnx for sharing. May the Lord Jesus bless you, and those whom you love, and be with you always, and at your side constantly. With muchlove in my heart, stubborn to a fault, joy to the world, peace on earth, & ((((((((((MANY WONDERFUL SISTERLY HUGGGGSSSS)))))))))), your little terrified sister, Barbie
"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I may as well be."
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Reviewed by Lisa Hilbers
I, like the others are relieved it isn't about you, but there is a mighty message within for somebody, maybe even masses of somebody.
You gave your muse the pen, and done quite well!
|Reviewed by Vesna Perkovic
|Thank God it's NOT about YOU!! However it is about many others..
these times are heavy with darkness..let's speed up the light..
Great write Karla...
|Reviewed by C. McGovern-Bowen
|Gripping write, Karla. Nicely crafted, too!
|Reviewed by Mark Carroll
|The picture really brings it home.
Here's hoping that the pain of indecision is heal with the power of choice.
|Reviewed by jude forese
|lots of turbulence in this poem ... actually, i found it to be very stimulating ...|
|Reviewed by Roger Ochs
|Excellant job of putting yourself in another's shoes. A difficult task - well handled.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Powerful write Karla, reminds me of a book I read about a teenage girl who cut herself, to deal with the pain, powerful write
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|If you are looking to Wow, us you just did! Fantastic poetry Karla!
Glad it's not about you!;-)(only a tiny bit)
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Excellant write and I am so glad it is not about you. Keep on keeping on writing Karla.