Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, July 01, 2005
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
This went into a completely different direction than what I intended; I love it and hope you do, too. :) Enjoy!
I try to swim against the words
flowing from my Muse,
but I'm caught in a rip current
of prose -
My poems flash before my eyes;
are they good enough
to save me from myself or will
in a salty ocean of tears
that was created
in a moment of self-doubt and
Seagulls scream suggestions in rhyme,
but I don't listen
to birds who live only to eat
What do they know of poetry?
I float on my back,
trying to relax, keeping the
out of my pen; suddenly the
of being dragged out to sea stops ...
myself to safety and rejoice
in the pen's power;
thanks, God, for letting me control
(c) 2005, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|This is lovely Karla, a beautiful offering!
Peace and love, Carole
|Reviewed by Susan Barton (Reader)
|What a lifeline!!|
|Reviewed by Gwen Dickerson
|Wonderfully expressed insight, Karla!|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Excellent write; love how your muse operates! Keep up the fantastic writing; your writing SOARS!! Brava!!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Katy Walsvik
|What a unique direction you followed, Karla. I've never heard it expressed quite this way... the last 2-3 verses were like tumbling, I could feel the panic, could hear the waves rushing... you turned your head inside out for this one. What a sharing you've given me. Wonderful stuff! katy xox|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Oh I like this ALOT!!
Well written powerful piece!!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla I do love this piece, it's great as always
|Reviewed by Ron (sketchman) Axelson
|You've come a long way karla...great!
Have a wonderful 4th!
|Reviewed by jude forese
|words have the power to transpose as well as compose us ... very interesting frame of thought in this poem ...|
|Reviewed by F William Broome
|Damn, You're Good! You left Jerry Bolton speechless! Never saw that on AD before. Enjoyed the twists and turns and waves of common sense in this one. Had to go back and paddle on in a couple of times, but I got the message. Good work. - Bill
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Are you in sole control, no muse, I wonder...Good one Karla!
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)