Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Haiku (5/7/5): Peak Performance
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, December 05, 2005
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
This poem inspired by looking out of the library windows. Late autumn color against azure skies...'bout time we peaked! LOL
Saturday was summer here - record high of 89 degrees. Yesterday, autumn (high of 50). By Wednesday/Wednesday night, winter will arrive on a polar express front and SIGNIFICANT accumulation of sleet/snow/freezing rain...winter storm watch in effect. *Oh, I hope so.....* Only in Texas can you have all four seasons in one week. LOL
vivid rainbows of
color painted on canvas
of deep azure blue
. . . . .
(c) 2005, Karla Dorman
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by john zimmerman
|neat ku, kj;
as for 4 seasons in one week --- ever been to saskatchewan? 4 seasons in one week, includimg snow in august
L & H
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|Excellent haiku describing beauty in the heart of seasons|
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Incredible diversity that we could hardly believe possible were it not for the truth of our own eyes... that's how I constantly think of the changing nature of the skies. There's really no such thing as "surreal" in nature... the thing about having all four seasons in one week means that there is not enough time to either get bored of the one you're in or to anticipate the next... bikini and bearskin boots... interesting! :)) Words paint this canvas well, Karla. TY Kate xx|
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|The haiku captures the scene most effectively, Karla. Merci! Amour et paix.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Brilliant, magical, beautiful haiku, as only you can do! Keep these gems coming; you have a pen of GOLD!! BRAVA!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|You paint a picture I can actually see, I think I would like all four seasons in one week...LOL Ed|
|Reviewed by Lori Moore
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Excellent.....you have a beautiful view...lucky you!!
Love the whole package!!
|Reviewed by Dawn Richerson
|Texas, always doin' its own thing... 'ku catches the heightened color and senses of autumn. stay warm. Dawn|
|Reviewed by Jackie (Micke) Jinks
|Well done, Karla! You've covered our past four days in a delightful Haiku...
I still have some begonias and gerbara daisies blooming, and my Myers lemon tree to bring in from out back before tomorrow eve. Once that's done, I won't mind waking up to a blanket of white :o)
IT'S CHILI-MAKING TIME!!
|Reviewed by Brian Pellerino
From the sky to your eyes to...my soul.
Well done lady!
Peace and (((Hugs))),
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Talk about fluctuating circumstances wow! How do you dress;-)?lol
Superb Ku Karla you really have a great touch for Haiku/senryu
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Excellent Karla winter has hit Cali as well
|Reviewed by ~ Chanti
|This is lovely Karla. You do it so well.
Wishing you all the very best over this Christmas season.
|Reviewed by Sage Sweetwater
|Absolutely mythical. I can see a pair ... that is a pair of unicorns ... one black unicorn and one white unicorn ... on their two hind feet charging up and playing under this colorful rainbow and blue sky you built from a ku. Nice, Karla! I will call it a UNI-ku!
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Yet so many miss it!!!!|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|I can see it, vividly. Your words paint the canvas of my thoughts and I am there with you. You looking pretty darn good too. LOL Gotta love it.|