Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
The Real Reason
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, December 10, 2005
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Merry Christmas to everyone. :)
Happiness is not found
in the yearly capture
of holiday greed, wrapped
in glittering paper
and topped with a big bow -
and I didn't find it
in the grinchly faces
of shoppers going in
debt, continuing the
neverending cycle -
it isn't found in the
decorations on the
tree or in cards shouting
"Happy Holidays!" to all
(and to all, a good night) -
I found my happiness
lying in a manger,
in swaddling clothes, the real
Reason for the Season -
the birth of my Saviour.
(c) 2005, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Nordette Adams
|That's what I'm talking about! No need for me to write a Christmas poem this year. ;-) ~~Nordette|
|Reviewed by Joseph* OneLight*®
You have a wonderful heart and this poem is evidence of that.
Love & Light,
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Amen... enough said.. and like The Author and The Subject, the poem is Great and Mighty! TY for pointing our thoughts upwards into interest-free credit! Bless you, Kate xx|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Splendid write of truth Karla...good job
Merry Christmas Karla...
Carole...love and peace
|Reviewed by Kay P Devenish
|You have got it right,that is the reason for sure.
I hope you Christmas is perfect and my love also to your sister.
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|The birth of Jesus must be a great day for all believers, no matter which religion he believes in.
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|Reviewed by John Martin
|Well versed, well said!|
|Reviewed by Tina Clark
|Amen Dear Sweet Karla! Keep on telling the story for those who do not know......Very well done and so very true!
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|A timely universal message, Karla. Thank you for sharing it. Amour et paix. Ton ami de la C-B, Canada.
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Good to have faith in something...personally I have faith in the fact that I have good poetry from you to always read...Ed|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|A Christmas poem that celebrates the miracle birth, telling it like it is. Fantastic.|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
Merry Christmas Karla!!
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
Blessed are you from that manger,Merry Christnas!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS! GLORY!!! :D
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Yes! yes! yes!|