Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
High on Poetry
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
The reason I stagger through libraries,
causing the staff to shush me with
warning fingers to their lips, is because
of this: I write poetry. It wasn't always
this way. Before, I was ... well, normal.
But since then, I've acquired a habit I can't
/don't want to quit: I've gotten high
I must have it: read it/memorize it/
re ci te it/(God forbid) write it
(although I'm a much better reader/
memorizer/re ci ter than a writer).
And so, I sit at the computer,
bravely entering poetry sites,
leaving postings of my own: no one
laughs because of mispellings or
lack of rhyme or meter or because
I don't know how to write a sonnet ...
they encourage me and call me Poet.
And that's why I write poetry.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Gave up the drink, gave up the drug, now as you do I only get high on the poetry, I get high reading what you write...thanks, Ed|
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|It's a wonderful way to get "high," Karla. Your passion for the words shine through your creations. Thank you for sharing them. Amour et paix,
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
I love how you write; you write with such passion and fluidity; your skills as a writer has really taken off to dizzying new heights! Keep up the super job, Karla; may your words forever soar!! BRAVA!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin (and #1 fan!!), Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|And that's a very good reason - to do just that!|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|What a lovely way to put it Karla, so enjoy reading your work...love and peace
|Reviewed by J M
|This is a wonderful reflection of you and your muse nice job. Ty for sharing.|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Glad you are with us and out family of poets Karla as no two of us are the same it keeps our work interesting and fulfilling.
|Reviewed by Paul Williams
|Gotta to agree with Jerry here...we love it Poet.
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|A poet by any other name . . . Is a Karla.|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Your poems show the stuff you're made of Karla, and there is poetic
cells in you or you couldn't write or read poetry the way you do. So live with it kiddo, you are a POET!!!;-)
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|Poet it is in your blood as it is in mine. Wonderful to have such good company :-)|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|I am with you all the way...it's like a bugbite the itch just won't go away.....lol!!
|Reviewed by Sage Sweetwater
|Don't ever come down off your high, Karla! Toke up on words until your eyes turn red and your lungs blast out wind, rain, lava, fire, and whatever else throbs, mists, and leaches from nature. It just has to be on the page! Time to fire up another, Poet!