Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, January 09, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
Last one on the ongoing drought...at least, for now! LOL
Heat pours down from the
that sears the winter grass;
and embers rise on
the sky, tarnished brass -
all roads are the same,
they are dry,
as dry as dry can be ...
no relief as I
drown in the
middle of arid seas.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Aberjhani
|A brilliant poetic report from the front of modern maladies facing humanity. Love your reversal of the drowning metaphor, ironic and powerful.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Hope it rains soon; we need relief, bad!! Great write, Karla; very well done!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Joseph* OneLight*®
I hope & pray that this drought will end soon.
Love & Light,
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|Let the arid seas be filled by the mercy of God. Let the rains come.
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Scary sight and sounds for someone who has never had to fear the lack of water, it sure makes one think where we would be without it.
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Fantastic write Karla! Wishing the best for you!|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Wish I could send you some of Indiana's rain or snow, we are expecting more tomorrow...excellent write Karla...love and peace
|Reviewed by Sherry Heim
|Drought here too, Karla...if we pray for rain, I am worried about what we may get...Mother Nature has been on quite a tangent lately, taking everything to the extremes!!
|Reviewed by Sage Sweetwater
|It's so dry, even your ink has faded to light gray, Karla!
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|I can feel the dry grit in my mouth. Write about the Rainmaker. Bring back Burt Lancaster. Gotta love it.|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Well you could be in Ohio, cold and off and on snow...not sure which is worse or better...Save water, shower with a friend...Ed|
|Reviewed by F William Broome
|Graphic and terible - as you paint with the pen. We yearn for your area's relief, and will refrailgn from using such terms as, warm regards, etc. - Bill
|Reviewed by Elizabeth Taylor (Reader)
|Dry here too. Good one. I thought TX was having good rains.|
|Reviewed by Kay P Devenish
A perfectly written poem,I could really visualise this one.
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Dry drowning sounds to me very much like a dry labour... sorry to be so graphic!! It's the cowgirl in me! Really gettin this, Karla, like a fish outa water... you achieve so much burnished atmosphere with so few lines and words. Very well done, thank you. LOL Kate xx|
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|Ca really should share! Excellent write. I think I'll go get a glass of water......|
|Reviewed by Carmen Ruggero
|At least the drought's feeling of drowning will pass. While drowing by water is rather final. You've written this very well. ~~Carmen|
|Reviewed by Michelle Close Mills
|Been there and done that. It's misery. I was really intrigued with your title...excellent choice for an excellent write Karla!!! Michelle|
|Reviewed by Lori Moore
|Fine I write. I hope relief comes soon.|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Awwwww...the rain stopped here...so hopefully it will be there soon!!
Very Dry imagery you painted here Karla!!