Downloadable but not burnable...?
by Ed Matlack
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
sometimes I just hate computers, the easier they get, the harder they get...;)
Okay so I got the whole music album now,
All I can say that I did it myself and wow,
But now I got to start with the computer an angered row,
I cannot figure how to burn it off to my CD,
On my computer I want to be angry and pee…
Everything seems to work,
Maybe the computer is just being a jerk,
Can’t be me, I swear I have been really nice,
Very little have I hit the damn thing or swore,
Damn but the only time I did, my left palm is so sore…
Hey, if you know how to a CD burn,
Maybe you could me learn,
Sooner or later I am sure I will find out in turn,
Possibly before I die and end up in an urn…
© ed ~ 1/27/06
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|I burn my own CDs, but not music. Looks like Scott has fixed you up. Good luck. I will never try to mmakke anyone understand anything about burning CDs, I am not pushing my luck, it is working for me. LOL|
|Reviewed by Scott Zachary
I was able to burn my CD's without a problem. Here are the steps you should follow:
1) Select a nice clear area in your backyard
2) Forage around your neighborhood for lots of dead, dry wood, and make a large pile of said wood in the area mentioned in step 1 above.
3) Carefully lay as many CD's as you wish to burn on the center of the pile of wood mentioned in step 2 above. Keep in mind that your CD's will likely burn in a bottom-to-top sequence.
4) Pour gasoline all over the pile of wood mentioned in step 2 above and all over the CD's mentioned in step 3 above. For best results, do not spill gasoline on your pants or shoes, but if you do, don't worry about it.
5) Ideally, you would not have chosen a steep hill for the area mentioned in step 1 above, but if you are that naive, then--just for kicks--stand on the downhill side as you pour liberal quantities of the gasoline mentioned in step 4 above on the pile of wood mentioned in step 2 above.
6) Stand back about ten feet from the pile of wood mentioned in step two above. Take your shirt off, get your lighter out, and set said shirt on fire.
7) Gingerly toss the burning shirt mentioned in step 6 above onto the pile of wood mentioned in step 2 above.
8) Scream, "burn, baby, burn!" at the top of your lungs. If you had chosen the optional "just for kicks" variation mentioned in step 5 above, then you might want to run as fast as you can away from the pile of wood mentioned in step 2 above, because not only are your CD's burning, but you probably are too.
I hope this helped, Ed. This is the only sure-fire way of burning CD's that I know.
Your friend, Scott
|Reviewed by Phillip William Allen
|You just described one of the reasons I became Microsoft certified. If you tell me the name of your computer and type ie: Compaq Presario Sr150. and I can look up your burning software and send you a word doc. on how to use it. Most lap tops and towers are using Nero (one Sherry suggested) which is an easy program to use.
Let Me Know
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|What Sherry said!|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Sending you a link to a program that works like clockwork!!
|Reviewed by OnepoetGem *the Poetic Rapper
|Know how you feel Ed. I'm having trouble burning also, what I do is go through my computers sample burn feature and it works. Funny poem, and get well|
|Reviewed by Sherry Heim
|First, you need burning software like Nero or Roxio and of course you need a burner. Once you have loaded the music onto your computer, put it all in a folder. If you have Roxio, open "drag-to disk" Click on the icon in the lower right corner of your computer. Now open your music folder and highlight all the items in it. Holding down your left mouse button, drag the files onto the drag to disk utility. Make sure you have a cd in the burner and Roxio will "prepare" the disk and burn the music onto the CD. If you have a different burning software, let me know the name and I will try to send you the info on that too.