Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
But Didn't Have The Words
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
This came to me as I was reading and reviewing Nordette Adams' "Coretta Scott King: Quiet Strength." I wish I had had the words to say...but you covered that for me. For that, I thank you.
I really wanted to write a tribute
that would be remembered
as great poetry,
but didn't have the words to say ...
you said all that needed to be said
than I ever could have.
You honored the memory
of the one we lost with
grace and dignity;
they will linger in the heart,
because of what you said;
they will never be forgotten,
thanks to you -
you have touched me today
with the words I wish I'd said.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Beautifully said Karla!
love and peace...
|Reviewed by Aberjhani
|What a tremendously beautiful way to recognize such a tremendously beautiful poem.|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Hey lady lights, how great it is! Your own computer! So good to see you free to post at will! Hooray! This is a splendid write Karla!Welcome to full time addiction;-)All the best with your new toy!
|Reviewed by Nordette Adams
|Thank you for this, Karla, you both encourage me and humble me, as you are an outstanding poet. It would not hurt any of us to study Coretta Scott King's life. ~~Nordette|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Power reigns in your words, and you stated your feelings beautifully! You may not be able to say what you wanted to say, but I think you said it all in this glowing poem! BRAVA!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your friend in Tx., Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Emeka Nwogu
|Beauty flows with this offering.
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Inspiration is a wonderful thing, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|You and Nordette both deserve my heartfelt thanks, gratitude and praise. Coretta Scott King will ever live in our memories.|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|As her words touched you, no doubt your praise will mean a lot to her and inspire her to reach out in the written word to do even more.
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|She used her gifts very wisely.
|Reviewed by Bobbi Duffy
|Wonderfully expressed, Karla. Sometimes a poet must keep quiet to allow the words of another to take center stage.
|Reviewed by Erin Kelly-Moen
|Beautifully expressed, Karla. You, Nordette and Coretta feel of 'kin'. :)
Erin Elizabeth Kelly-Moen
|Reviewed by William Bonilla
|A beautiful tribute to a poetess and a great woman
Love & Peace
|Reviewed by Andre Bendavi ben-YEHU
Gratitude, beauty and kindness flow through the mellifluous lines of
"...But Didn't Have The Words (For Nordette)" under the sound of love and humanity.
I salute You, Poet!
Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|A great tribute for a great woman, the wife of a great man...and I saw this posted now and thought, "boy, is the library open this late?" Then remembered the new computer...have fun and surf to your hearts content...Ed & Rufuz|