Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Senryu Chain (5/7/5): He, Who Made The Storm
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, February 03, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
>> View all 3,236
I must thank the One Who gives me the ability to BE a StormSpinner. (Thanks, Jerry, for the reminder.)
When the skies turn dark;
when lightning veins stygian clouds
and thunder speaks with
moisture on its breath;
when the wind wraps around my
shoulders and the rain
tickles away fear,
I thank the Creator Who
made the storm for me.
He: Who inspires;
He: who takes my photograph
with old fashioned flash;
He: Who booms a laugh
as a surprised expression
flickers on my face;
He: Who takes great joy
in giving the Gift of words
to His little girl.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|He blessed you with the gift of words, the ones to capture each storm's identity, beautiful Karla! love and peace...
|Reviewed by Carmen Ruggero
|Thank Him, indeed, for he made the storm and sunny days too and we're alive to experience it. Good work.
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
|Another storm filled beauty Karla
Congratulations on becoming a published author !
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Another fine offering Karla!!
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|What a marvelous piece, Karla!|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Sweet write and a devotional thank you at it's best.
|Reviewed by A PAX
good to be alive huh?
excellent realizations here karla
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Not only a top poem, but in the last couple of years you really have surmounted your storm fears.. A plethora of imagery..|
|Reviewed by Sage Sweetwater
|Nice one, Karla! Spin us another! Congratulations on your accepted manuscript. It is a wonderful journey to publish.
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|You will go a long way :-)|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|What are you worried about, that storm is not even touching the ground...;) Ed|
|Reviewed by jude forese
|a devout message within a storm of images ...|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
You leave us gasping with your poetic genius! BRAVA!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twink, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Amen! WEll done Karla, beautiful tribute and recognition of the one who gives the gifts!
|Reviewed by . ignis
|We've not a clue of the immense power of the Most High, no idea of our own tininess and ignorance. Closest to being aware of these facts perhaps we become when witnessing the incredible might of nature. Take care,