Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
I'd like to thank the Academy, and the following, for being so instrumental to me being the Poet I am. :)
Damn fool crazy Muse gettin' the big head...dreaming big, perhaps?
The metal clamps, bright with purpose,
are eager to perform their given task;
to hold my poems tenderly, lovingly,
in the palms of their hands -
a temporary situation, I assure you.
When my book comes out, it will retire
until the next time it is needed ...
my trustworthy notebook has always been
there when I needed it to be, my friend,
I'm not going to abandon it now.
My computer has always jumped at the
chance to be turned on by my words,
and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention
its devotion to my talent.
Before my Muse runs out of the room,
it is she who came into my world
when it was least expected; it is she
who allowed me to hope again,
through uncertain times, she gave
me a reason to live.
And what about you, writers at Author's Den,
and Karen, my twin, my number one fan,
who gave me the chance to shine
like the Northern Lights or lightning
dancing in the sky?
The words I write are dedicated to you
with humble gratitude;
for you who stood by me and encouraged me
to be the best I could be - each of you are
my greatest inspirations.
2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Joseph* OneLight*®
|And YOU are a wonderful inspiration to us, Karla!
Love & Light,
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|I always admired those who could make their dreams come true!;-)
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Don't go blaming us, Karla, you shoulder ALL of the blame that has made you as great as you are.|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Well Done, Karla - Well Done!|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Well done Karla!!
You soar Girl!!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
I am glad that I am one of your inspirations! That means a lot!! :) Very well done; brava!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|Karla, this is great work, but of course not only your notebook and your computer are devoted to your talent, we all love you and your muse for it!
Lots of love and many (hopefully inspiring) hugs, Birgit and Roger
|Reviewed by val salazar
|good poem be blessed.|