Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Haiku: Stilled Life
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
of a hushed morning
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|A brilliant capture of the moment Karla!
love and peace...Carole
|Reviewed by OnepoetGem *the Poetic Rapper
|wish this morning was a soft morning, nice haiku|
|Reviewed by Sage Sweetwater
|You've grown with the seasons, Karla. It gives me enormous pleasure to have witnessed in the few short 7 months I have been a Den member, your accomplishments and growth as a poet. You've earned your wings, so now you may give flight to all of your writing dreams. I am going to stay around and see just where you fly! Proud of you, baby.
|Reviewed by Mary Lynn Plaisance
|Love the photo. I feel calm.
I have to tell you that I like your name change to StormSpinner. *:)
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|How very beautifully you captured the picture! A perfect match!
Love the title too, Karla!
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|As the poem itself suggests calm to the reader. Well done Karla,
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|Very well done! Love the fog-pic too!
love, Birgit and Roger
|Reviewed by Elizabeth Taylor (Reader)
|That is a lovely one...|
|Reviewed by Retta (Reindeer) Mckenzie
|What a lovely Haiku Karla, that is just beautiful.
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Fog, rain, snow, any inclement weather is a good day to stay home and "invite calm"...Ed|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Very lovely, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
|I agree with the board below completely Karla
Personally, this is the best haiku I have ever had the pleasure to read, succinct and evocative to the highest degree, with the perfect accompanying picture!
You have blossomed into one of the foremost writers in the Den, and anywhere else, your recent progress in the liberal arts has been staggering to say the least, and I also have to say your twin sister Karen has also developed into a consummate prose writer, what a pair of talented girls you are !
I would urge all your readers to follow Karen's ascendancy in article writing here in the Den !
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
I agree with both Jerry and Lisa below: you HAVE blossomed into the consummate writer. Your skills as a poet have surpassed many people's expectations; you are a shining talent in the Den, and the Den is blessed to have you. I know I am blessed to have you as my twin! May God bring you endless blessings in your writing and in your personal life; you deserve them!
I love you, and I LOVE this write! Spectacular!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Dittoes every word of Lisa's, although I prefer the 5-7-5 count, this is special. You are special.|
|Reviewed by Lisa Hilbers
Makes me want to go sit cloaked beneath the fog bank over Texas this morning Karla, and just be one with it.
It's been so amazing to be able to watch you bloom into this flourishing rose that you have become over the last several years. We've all grown, but you seem to be the one that continues to out-shine most of us. Leaving us in your shadows, as you not only pull out front but race to the next level of talents.
I've enjoyed each and every step you've taken, and hopefully will be there to see you take flight.
Thank You Karla...