Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, February 25, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Better attitude today. Thanks for the kick in the ass. :) Needed it.
Kissed by the rain,
a blade of grass overcomes drought
and bursts through the hardpack
Though sun and storm
tried to dwindle her to the seed
she once was, she fought against
the worst, her doubts
that she would make it ... she need not
have worried; she was stronger
than she believed:
now, here she is,
grateful for lessons in struggle,
she proved she's a survivor,
just as I am:
Battle scarred, yes;
weary, yes; but life is good -
it's a miracle we're here,
the grass and I.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|Miracles, how good we can find them, so every now and then. Lovely write,
lots of love and hugs, Birgit and Roger
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Good just don't you smoke that grass okay..lol!!
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Miracles happen daily all over the globe.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Life in itself is full of miracles. Wonderful write; very well done! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Now this is more like it, striking images painted with words that capture the minds eye and holds it there to the last word. Life is full of ups and downs Karla, the trick is to bounce back up with this type of attitude when we can.
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|You bet!Only those who learn, have the right to be teachers!
So teach on Karla, and keep learning,as we are all meant to do!
Excellent analogy poem!
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
You make a great student, becoming tbe teacher :-)
|Reviewed by Sage Sweetwater
|Good wake-up call, Karla! Grass is tough and old, and it fed buffalo herds before that! Use this as rationale for eliminating negativity.
|Reviewed by George Carroll
|An encouraging write that many will be happy to read and learn from.|
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
|You got it in a nutshell Karla
You are greater than you think or even imagine
Now put all those doubts to bed for ever
No looking back now....it's not allowed...lols
The picture is very symbolical
Love and blessings