Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
>> View all 3,236
For Mama T., my best friend.
a great weight seizes her in clutching fingers
and throws her down
gravid with absolute concentration, she
s q e e z e s life from
between her thighs:
strangers who've always known each other regard
the other with
after months of taking from her everything
that she had, the
proof's in her arms:
all's forgiven as she holds him to her breast ...
welcome to the
world, little one.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Excellent offering, I would love to share this with my frend Fran who just had a baby boy with your permission of course
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Beautiful offering Karla!!
|Reviewed by jude forese
|a beautiful poem to the arrival of motherhood ...|
|Reviewed by Michelle Close Mills
|How very beautiful Karla. You've captured the early moments of Motherhood so very well! And the photo is gorgeous too. Bravo! Michelle|
|Reviewed by L. Figgins
|From three shades of red and purple pain to the pale bloom of absolute love and joy. Yes, it was all worth it--the nausea, backaches, numbness & tingling in the extremities, toxemia, hemmoroids, headaches, swollen feet and two weeks of Braxton-Hicks
pre-labor pains and 12 hours of real labor, lol! Birth is never easy, in any life or endeavor, but what a reward. Both my babies were truly miracles. Absolutely beautiful write and pic, Karla!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Beautiful write, Karla; very nice! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Oustanding write, this is an exceptional piece Karla, one you should be so proud of, capturing motherhood and birth in such a visual format. Well done sincerly.
|Reviewed by Sage Sweetwater
|Literary Gestation, Karla!
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|Adorable!!! Thanks Karla, you've made us smile!
Birgit and Roger
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|I am glad I didn't miss this one. Beautiful! just beautiful!!|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|I have never, NEVER had it put to me in just his manner. You reached the pulse here, Karla. Damn good.|
|Reviewed by George Carroll
|So true I never heard my wife complain about the pain of child birth.|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Karla this is a glorious poem, one of your best, the insight is so special! It will deeply move every mother especially! Brava!
|Reviewed by Carmen Ruggero
|You're so right! The moment that baby is in our arms, we don't even remember being pregnant. Yes babies are a healing miracle. And then the're four and six and twelve and twenty, and we still forgive them. There is no other bond like that of a mother and child.
|Reviewed by Crystal Silver Angel (Reader)
|Beautiful..And life is such a miracle...
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|strangers who've always known each other regard
the other with
What a marvelous description, and what a marvelous poem, Karla.
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
This is a sensational composition, comprising five parts, subtlely broken up by Jerry's famous semi colons...lols
The joys and agonies of motherhood epitomised very cleverly !
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|After nine months of sometimes insanity, sometimes pleasure, sometimes depression it all comes down to that one moment when the kid pops out and has NOT got horns or a tail...he is normal, but wait till he gets into his teens...;) Ed|