Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
I am okay; this just came so strongly to me. And so, I write.
Where were you when day and night changed hands
and love was replaced by hate?
Where were you when war became the norm
and the small became the great?
Where were you when the storm raged on
and poetry bored to death?
Where were you when the crying began
and life meant having no breath? ...
Where were you when sun and moon blinked out
and my colored world went grey?
Where were you when I needed you most
and why have you gone away?
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by jude forese
|i empathize with this query ... i guess when it comes down to it we can only rely on oursleves ...|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|These are the hard ones to find answers for Karla, but your splendid poem makes them easier to ask....
love and peace, Carole
|Reviewed by Sage Sweetwater
|Questions we have to ask, Karla. We all have some of the same questions. Sometimes we need just quiet our minds and the answers to these questions come to us, in the same way like it just come to you to write this. We have to see with the mind's eye and meditate the outcome. You will get the answers to your questions, but not in the traditional way. That's too easy. They will come to you one day and the Spirit will have spoken.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Excellent write; good questions you raise! BRAVA; very well done!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Superb poem Karla! your versatility shows in
writes like this, you have great depth!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|And I pray you keep writing, and excellent piece, and good questions. May you keep being inspired to write such profound pieces
|Reviewed by totally anonymous
|first of all loved the image. The write was exceptionally well done|
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|This is excellent, just came to you? Wow!
Love and hugs, Birgit and Roger
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|This is when the Spirit is holding us, but being human we don't notice.|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Alot of question I could ask myself Sis!!
Write right on sis!!
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Whether they are gone, or wherher they are fantasy, means little in the long run. If they are gone, leving you without solace, then you are better off without 'em. If they are merely figments, well, that is a horse of a different color. Sometimes we need to conjure up these "figments" for our own personal reasons. Loved the poem and just didn't know when to stop commenting. Okay. I've stopped.|
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
|Sometimes people get weighed down with personal responsibilities and obligations, Karla..
They'll be back when the going is good !
Great picture again Stormspinner !